Bidding Bushhogging

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bidding Bushhogging

Need help bidding this property. Would be using a Bobcat with the Brushcat to mow. It is 30 acres of horse pasture, hilly but not too bad. Grass is generally around 12-24" tall, with about an acre being around 5 feet tall. No weed eating. Their tractor went down and they want me to come in a knock it down once, while their tractor is in the shop/

Any idea how long it would take? 1 day? 5 days? I'm not really sure.

Thanks

Is there any possibility of renting a tractor and using their mower attachment while their tractor is in the shop? I would guess they would have at least a 4 ft wide mower, maybe wider?

How wide would that bush hog be for the Bobcat?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I looked into it, and can't find anyone here that will rent a tractor. Kind of funny since I am in horse country, where most of the land around here is pastures. Closest I could find was TN to rent one. I ended up doing the math on how much I could mow in an hour with a bobcat and brushcat and sent her the quote. Her response was that she would just rent a bobcat herself and have her farmhand do it. Waste of my time.

Comment

How wide of a mower would you have been using on the bobcat and how long did you figure it would take you?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

It was a 5' wide mower. I figured out how many square feet I could cover per hour like this.

4mph x 5,280 ft=21,120 x 5 ft. = 105,600 sq ft/hour

4 mph is the speed I estimated I could operate at, looking at the grade and roughness of the turf. Multiply that by the number of feet in a mile (5,280) to convert to feet. This is the 21,120. Multiply that by 5 feet (the width of the mower) to get 105,600 sq ft/hour. The total square footage of the property was 1,306,800 sq. ft. So divide the area of the property by the 105,600 to get the number of hours it would take. This gives me 12.375 hours. I multiplied that by 120% to account for overlapping and turning at the end of rows. This gives you 14.85 hours.

It isn't perfect, but it should be pretty close.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X