Chemical and Fertilizer Pricing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chemical and Fertilizer Pricing

I have my certifications for chemical and fertilizer applications, but I won't be doing any spraying/spreading until next season. So in the meantime, I am putting together what I need to get started. So far, I will have about 5 or so cut up acres to spray around 29 seperate buildings. But where I am having trouble is how to price chemical and fertilizer applications? I have been searching around this site and google, but can't seem to find much information on what to charge. Would anybody be willing to throw some numbers out there for examples? I know every job is different, but I would just like to see some ball-park numbers.

Also, where would be a good place to buy lawn chemicals in North Central Indiana?

Thanks!

What would this job involve? What kind of application / service is this going to be?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I have my certifications for chemical and fertilizer applications, but I won't be doing any spraying/spreading until next season. So in the meantime, I am putting together what I need to get started. So far, I will have about 5 or so cut up acres to spray around 29 seperate buildings. But where I am having trouble is how to price chemical and fertilizer applications? I have been searching around this site and google, but can't seem to find much information on what to charge. Would anybody be willing to throw some numbers out there for examples? I know every job is different, but I would just like to see some ball-park numbers.

Also, where would be a good place to buy lawn chemicals in North Central Indiana?

Thanks!

18.00 per sq foot for pest and weed control

Fertilizer. The company I used to help manage charged by the pound. 10.00 per pound if I remember right. 1 pound will do 1,000 sq feet.

Pre emerge was a bit more I can't remember off hand, I will make a call and get back with you on that.

Also you need to add a fuel charge to your invoices. How much is up to you.

Comment

What kind of profit percentage was built into that price?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Steve:
          For the client I have now, I am looking at weed/fert. in the spring, and again in the fall. They will not pay for anymore than that, but I may do a spot treat in mid summer since I really want to keep this contract.

Biglee:
          I assume you mean $18/1,000 sq. ft.?

Comment

Biglee:
            I assume you mean $18/1,000 sq. ft.?
            LOL! I didn't catch that. Funny stuff.

You figured it out anyhow.

Oh BTW.
            pre emerge is 18.00 per 1,000 also. I double checked with a friend in the business.

Comment

Thanks for the info! I talked to the property manager today and she wants to hire me next year, so I will use this info to work up a price for chemical/fertilizer application.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X