Price to apply fertilizer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price to apply fertilizer

I could use some help here. I recently picked up a 4+ acre account. Its a private dog park and its all private money. They have had a pallet of pet friendly granular fertilizer donated and would like me to apply it. Since they are providing the fertilizer and all I have to do is spread it, how much should I charge to spread 4 acres of fertilizer.
    Any input is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jay

I forgot to mention that I will be walking the entire 4+acres with an 80lb. broadcast spreader.

Comment

Hope your Licensed with the state to apply fertilize, of not check your state laws.
      Assuming you legally can do fertilize I must tell you 4 acres don't mean a lot to the guys here who actually know fertilize,
      You say 4 acres I say 43.2 k 1000 sq ft
      You say bags of fertilize. I say how many lbs

Now if we knew how many exact k and how many lbs we might could help you out
      But realistically it's time/Vs cost , do you know this number
      If not then all you can or we can do is guess

So 4 acres pushing ...... 45 minutes so $16.00 to 110.00 for the job

We need real numbers to help further

Comment

the fertilizer is 120 16lb. bags
        maybe 180,000 sq feet?

Comment

I would hope and pray it is NO NITROGEN at 10.66 pounds of product per 1000 square feet I would guess it would either need mowed daily or burn it to the dirt.

How ever if I was spreading 1920 lbs over open ground I would think 3.2 hours would get it done but it would cover 6.75-12 acres depending on the analysis
          How ever if it was 4 acres I would think 1 hour would cover the ground and not need over 1200 lbs and more likely closer to 600 lbs.

This is a guess on our part as we don't know the analysis, if it is slow release , weed control
          So best we can advise you is...... Determine how wide your spreader is throwing product, at a comfortable walking pace then do the math to determin your production rate on the lawn and do the math,
          Include the time needed for a second pass . I wish you luck

Comment

45 mins to push spread 4 acres? Do you use roller skates?

$125 per acre, push spreading that large of an area will not be fun, might as well get paid well for doing it.

Comment

Na no roller skates 2# men 1 to run material and one to push

It depends on the layout of the ground
              But a 208' wide acre would take 19 minutes at a slow 2.5 mph walk
              So if your not over applying product to limit refills it woul be 80 minutes at a crawl.

So a 4.5 mph hustle would get you done on 1# 4 acre lot
              I would bust tail and get it done and then go back to my regular pace and learn that a open 4 acre lot is no place for a walk unit if I wanted to do more of them.....however if it was 1 job and may not be more I would run it over and be done.

Comment

If the OP could get 125.00 an acre then I would suggest a pull behind broadcast from say a Co-Op or say JDlandscapes and
                simply make the jobs money pay for the spreader and cut the effort in half and be even faster on your app time...... Then make more money on every future job.

Make the machines do the work " work smarter, not harder "

Comment

If the OP could get 125.00 an acre then I would suggest a pull behind broadcast from say a Co-Op or say JDlandscapes and
                  simply make the jobs money pay for the spreader and cut the effort in half and be even faster on your app time...... Then make more money on every future job.

Make the machines do the work " work smarter, not harder "
                  I was thinking the same thing last year when I bought a 125 lb pull behind spreader to do yards (1 acre and up) takes about 20 minutes to unload, fill spread, and pack up for 1 acre, stopping to chat with property owner too

Comment

takes about 20 minutes to unload, fill spread, and pack up for 1 acre, stopping to chat with property owner too
                    Have you been keeping your eye out for any an upgrade in equipment when it comes to spreaders or are you satisfied with what you are using now?
                    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X