mulch job pricing help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mulch job pricing help

Ill try to provide as much info as i can... I am doing a labor only mulch job. The customer is paying to have 7-8 yards bulk delivered. I messured about 930 sf.. the beds are in very bad condition, but i will be removing all mulch first, fixing up beds and edges, then laying new mulch. There is no cost to me, only labor, by my self. I know i will be looking at more than 10 hrs of labor. What would be fair to charge? Any advise will be great!! Thanks!

This site has lots of info already in place on it ,no need to add to the thousands of useless " how much" threads when all you need to do is use the search function .

Comment

mulch job pricing help

Im thinking 30$ hr prep work and 30$ per yard. Should be around 400-500. Sound fair?

Comment

Im thinking 30$ hr prep work and 30$ per yard. Should be around 400-500. Sound fair?
        Sounds fair.... Of course we have no idea how much prep or what the customer thinks prep is. He could want you to till the whole damn thing too.

I would see if you could get away with fluffing the old stuff up, Instead of removing it.

Comment

Well he laid the current mulch himself, using the mulch bags as a weed block... so the mulch is now pretty rotted, n i have to remove all the bags anyays. He wants only all new mulch. The beds are in bad shape, a lot of weeds, but seen how ill be shoveling out the old mulch anyways, that will pull out most weeds too. There is a total of 5 beds, totaling 927 sf. At 3 inches, that's about 8 yards right? I figure ill have a solid day of prep, maybe a day n a half. Then a half day oc mulching. So maybe 16 man hrs...

Comment

I just gave a similar bid of 500, and was turned down. Now that is where I live, I have no idea what the rate is where you live. Which is why asking people all over the world what a fair rate is, is ridiculous

Comment

I would think at least 16 hours.

If you could install a yard of mulch an hour, that would be pretty good, but that wouldn't include the time to remove old mulch and prep it for the new mulch.

Also, where will you be disposing of the old mulch and mulch bags? Are you supposed to be removing it all from the premises? If so, will there be disposal fees you will have to pay to get rid of it? Will you be asked to install a new weed barrier?

There is a blog article I have called Mulch and lawn care bid pricing example where one forum member was charging $120 per yard of mulch installed.

Looking back on previous jobs you have had regarding mulch beds, how long had it taken you in the past to prep and install a yard of mulch?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Last week we sent out a 2 man team to spread 10 yards of red pine bark, total job time 4 hours, just 2 snow shovels and 2 wheel barrows. I have a hard time understanding why it takes some outfits so long to spread/dump bulk mulch. I would charge by the yard for the mulch and hourly for the preparation.

(Example) you usually charge 85.00 per yard purchased and delivered.

Charge 50% of your normal rate. 42.50 per yard (x) 7 yards = 297.50

Then charge your prep at 40.00 per hour (im guessing a day??) 8 hours.

Total for Mulch 297.50
                Total for prep 320.00

Job total 617.50

If you will need to haul any thing charge accordingly.

I am not bidding this job just giving you an idea, please use your own numbers and never be afraid to charge your worth.

Comment

Last week we sent out a 2 man team to spread 10 yards of red pine bark, total job time 4 hours
                  WOW was that 4 total man hours or (4 hours x 2 men = 8 total man hours)?
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

WOW was that 4 total man hours or (4 hours x 2 men = 8 total man hours)?
                    8 total man hours.

Comment

Very interesting.

(Example) you usually charge 85.00 per yard purchased and delivered.

Charge 50% of your normal rate. 42.50 per yard (x) 7 yards = 297.50
                      Why in this example are you charging 50% of your normal rate? What is the reason for that?

Comment

Very interesting.

Why in this example are you charging 50% of your normal rate? What is the reason for that?
                        The $85 rate included mulch. This job the mulch is provided. Hence half..

Comment

Ok I missed that part. Do you feel that (the cost of 1 yard of mulch plus delivery) is equivalent to 1 man hour to install?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X