Bid for Landscape Design

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bid for Landscape Design

A customer want me to proceed with the design attached minus the stepping stones and Palm tree.....The area calculated for planting the grass is 5296 sq ft. Can someone help me with pricing this job?
    Attached Files

Plus flowers and planter and lights?? What is included? Be as specific as you can. It is nearly impossible for one of us to quote this job without physically seeing the property. How much prep work is to be done? How much material do you need to haul?(screened loam, gravel, etc.) I mean how could we know this?

Comment

Plus flowers and planter and lights?? What is included? Be as specific as you can. It is nearly impossible for one of us to quote this job without physically seeing the property. How much prep work is to be done? How much material do you need to haul?(screened loam, gravel, etc.) I mean how could we know this?
      Sorry for lack of information.....a quote to prep the area in order to plant the grass I assume the owner is going with St.Augustine plugs vs sod as it is way cheaper.....I will have 44 yards of chip and run spread then 44 yards of soil on top of that before the grass goes on. Basically need a labor cost for planting the grass.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by lawndesigns; 04-14-2013, 09:25 PM.

Comment

I assume the owner is going with St.Augustine plugs vs sod as it is way cheaper.
        You probably should confirm exactly what the customer wants before you do it.

Let's walk through this. What is involved with this project?
        • 44 yards of chip and run spread
        • 44 yards of soil on top
        • grass / sod

What other items will be involved?
        How much will this cost you in materials?
        What is your material markup?

How many man hours are you predicting each part of this job to take?
        Any additional costs to include that you can think of? Any equipment rental? Delivery, disposal fees? etc?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

You probably should confirm exactly what the customer wants before you do it.

Let's walk through this. What is involved with this project?
          • 44 yards of chip and run spread
          • 44 yards of soil on top
          • grass / sod

What other items will be involved?
          How much will this cost you in materials?
          What is your material markup?

How many man hours are you predicting each part of this job to take?
          Any additional costs to include that you can think of? Any equipment rental? Delivery, disposal fees? etc?
          Correct the chip and run and soil on top will be handled mainly by a third party I just need an idea on labor costs for installing the grass plugs for the area of 5296 sq. ft. I predict it will take 3 to 4 days...no equipment rental for installing the grass plugs or delivery charges or disposal fees....

Comment

All I can tell ya is around here St Augustine runs 175 per pallet installed, about 400 sq feet

Comment

All I can tell ya is around here St Augustine runs 175 per pallet installed, about 400 sq feet
              Thanks for this help me greatly on putting a price for the job

Comment

I predict it will take 3 to 4 days..
                Is that for one person?

So 4 days x 8 hours = 32 man hours total?

How much do you need to charge per hour to keep your operation running?

Then can you multiply that by the 32 man hours needed?
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Is that for one person?

So 4 days x 8 hours = 32 man hours total?

How much do you need to charge per hour to keep your operation running?

Then can you multiply that by the 32 man hours needed?
                  Correct one person....We normally just do most yards by job we tell the customer a price not how much time is spent on it.

But if I were to call a number per hour would be $20-$25

Comment

Have you priced out the difference in cost for sod vs installing grass plugs? Also time involved?

Comment

Have you priced out the difference in cost for sod vs installing grass plugs? Also time involved?
                      I did, there was a reduction in labor cost for sod of course....I factored in the time as well.

Awaiting a response from the customer.....

Comment

I hope you get the job. Keep us updated on it.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X