42.5 yards mulch price help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 42.5 yards mulch price help

a client of mine needs 42.5 cubic yards of mulch. mulch where i live is 29$ contractor price per yard. i usually charge a rate 70 cubic yard making the price to be 3015 i took it down to 3000 cause that sounded better. dose this sound to high to you guys this is a home not a commercial lot

they had me take 4 gardens off and lowered it down to 31 cubic yards for 2170 and they accepted it.

Comment

Have you thought about calling the supplier for a 50 yard delivery. And just cut out the middle man

Comment

I had one last year, 120 yards of mulch. The local supplier was at 22.50 per yards with an extra 100 delivery charge. I looked around and found the plant that the mulch comes from, called them and got the 120 yards for 10 a yard, 50 delivery charge. Had to pay the driver before he dumped (ouch) but what the heck, job was done in two days, at 75 per yard, so I made my money

Comment

they had me take 4 gardens off and lowered it down to 31 cubic yards for 2170 and they accepted it.
          Keep us posted on how this job goes. Let us know how much time you thought it would take to perform and then how much actual time it took.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I had one last year, 120 yards of mulch. The local supplier was at 22.50 per yards with an extra 100 delivery charge. I looked around and found the plant that the mulch comes from, called them and got the 120 yards for 10 a yard, 50 delivery charge. Had to pay the driver before he dumped (ouch) but what the heck, job was done in two days, at 75 per yard, so I made my money
            Wow....now that is a nice profit. According to my Math, sounds like a profit over $7,000 for your crew over two days. Very nice.

Comment

The mulch supplier I go to manufactures the mulch I.E dyes itand process it. I don't think I can get it any cheaper than 28. I'd love to find good mulch for 10 a cubic yard. Any one no a place in the delco area in pa with prices like that?

Comment

The mulch supplier I go to manufactures the mulch I.E dyes itand process it. I don't think I can get it any cheaper than 28. I'd love to find good mulch for 10 a cubic yard. Any one no a place in the delco area in pa with prices like that?

Comment

Have you done a quick google search to see if any suppliers pop up in your area that you were unaware of?
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                  Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

i finished the job in 2 days. this just a quick figure we move 10 yards in 3 hours with three people. did have some problems with a worker but that happens. and the job landed me another decent size mulching job.

Comment

Find a place near you that sells mulch to the public. Get a price. If their retail price is around $30 I promise you they are getting it for less than $20.

$29 isn't the best price you can find but just because you can find mulch at $10 a yard doesn't mean its a good deal. I ordered 28 yds for a job, pay before they dump. Got it for 16 a yard and I wrote a check on delivery the black mulch had all kinds of brown in it. It looked like ****. Honestly.

I called the company and they were already aware of the issue and told me I could have it for $11 a yard and I declined and asked them to come pick it up off the job site. They said I could have it for free if they didn't have to come get it. I still declined.

They had to come pick it all up and clean it up because during their screw up I got another load from a different company brought in.

Price doesn't out weigh quality in my mind. I ended up paying 17.50 per yard delivered. Not bad but the whole ordeal was a head ache.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X