weed emergent spray gravel driveway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weed emergent spray gravel driveway

Hello I just got a call to clean some flowerbeds I plan to tell them 20$/hour. but they also asked about spraying their driveway. I'm not sure how much I should charge them or if its even something I should be doing. I only have a backpack sprayer but it sounds like easy money if I use the right stuff. they also want me to spray a field in the back, is it a job I should pass up or just hit it with my backpack sprayer for how much $$$? thanks in advance

Do you have a license if your state requires one?

Also do you have a tractor supply near you? I can tell you what to get just tell me what storesyou are working with

Comment

yes I have the license to spray pesticides in wa. state . and I haven't really dealt with any store for that type of stuff besides Lowes or home depot, and usually I buy the kills weeds not grass kind, or the kills everything kind, but spraying a gravel driveway, and a field is a whole new thing for me

Comment

yes I have the license to spray pesticides in wa. state . and I haven't really dealt with any store for that type of stuff besides Lowes or home depot, and usually I buy the kills weeds not grass kind, or the kills everything kind, but spraying a gravel driveway, and a field is a whole new thing for me
        same science. contact for the gravel. selective for the field.

Comment

I would use a soil sterilizer on the driveway and selective in the field. Although sometimes its way cheaper to use contact on field as opposed to buying specialty herbicide for specific weeds.

There are thousands of acres of st Augustine grass farms near me. They use Atrazine and whatever that doesn't kill, they mix round up and liquid fertilize and spot treat. No bull ****.

Comment

What is soil sterilizer? and is it something I could apply with a backpack sprayer? and what is the Ideal time of day and temperature to apply it? thanks in advance. P.S. I landed the job with the mulch at 25$ an hour + supplies, probably cutting myself short but I'm learning

Comment

soil sterilizer does just that, sterilizer the soil. removes nutrients from the soil that allow plant growth. last 6 months to a year depending on rainfall and weather conditions. I use it in driveway cracks, sidewalk cracks and gravel driveways. thats it.

Tractor supply has it called barrier. Best and cheapest way to go. 35.00 jug treats 7600 sq ft.

its not for spraying a field that has green, you would use glyphosphate for that. then when it all dies and is to the ground use a sterilizer.

Comment

Thank you nethercutt

Comment

Keep us posted on how all this works out for you and take some pics
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                  Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

don't think there is a tractor supply store in my town, do you order through them online? or can you think of another store that might carry it?

Comment

Working...
                    X