Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the going rate for mulch in your area?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the going rate for mulch in your area?

I was just curious as to how much you guys were paying and how much your marking it up for delivery and install. Mulch around here is $36 a yard, a little more than I would like but its nice stuff. Thanks for your input.

I'm way cheaper than you. I'm at $34 a yard!!!!

Delivery and install at $90 a yard. Weeding is extra $$$.

Comment

LOL. Im trying to get a little better deal with my mulch guy. I used quite a bit last year but Im not buying huge amounts at once so its tough to get cheaper price.

Comment

Black $28.50 + tax ($30.25) and I can pay with credit card makes my taxes easy
        $95 installed

Comment

I was just curious as to how much you guys were paying and how much your marking it up for delivery and install. Mulch around here is $36 a yard, a little more than I would like but its nice stuff. Thanks for your input.
          Ours in this area is $43 a yard and I charge $45 an hour.

Comment

i just found a place here in my area that will sell me the mulch at 25.00 plus tax.
            they make their on dye, bad as-s quality of mulch BEST I EVER SEEN SO far, i sell around 100.00 to 150.00 per yard.

Comment

Upstate NY

Mulch is about 24-28 a yard depending on the quantity and if its drop shipped. I charge 70 to install, 2 guys takes 15 minutes to rake out a yard, when its dumped in a pile with a dingo. and they clean up after themselves as they go down the property.

I get 55 a yard if its over 100 yards, and use a blower, 3 guys, 1 loading blower, 1 spraying, 1 helper-truck mover-island clean up backpack blower clean up as we go. A blower can be 50-75% more efficient as there wont be any deep spots and wasted mulch, no raking, better coverage and it lays about 1 yard in 130 seconds.

each of the above scenarios will be charged a machine rental for the day, and a transportation charge, and a fuel charge, buried an insurance rider for any rental gear I dont want on my gnl. for the rental.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by djm2013; 03-28-2013, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Can you tell us a little about those pictures? What was the job and how many man hours did it take you?
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Can you tell us a little about those pictures? What was the job and how many man hours did it take you?

this was a local chain store, that has about 90 yards worth of islands to mulch and they like 2-3 inches.

3 guys with a blower can do it in 4-5 hours when the place is closed, with traffic and people 6-8.

The rear of the property was jungle and was a security issue for staff, and place to stash items, stolen goods from store and or drug trafficking..

It was 5-8 foot tall bushes and shrubs that were never maintained so that was ripped out with a brush cutter blade and spikes to get the roots out and a small dingo to pull em, then everything chipped back onto the areas and then covered with 250 yards of mulch because this was a strip of mulch using a bucket on the dingo and making piles and just raking it out was cheaper then using the blower and loading that.. this was one instance where hand labor, carefully monitored was cheaper then a machine.... its rare but it happens
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by djm2013; 03-29-2013, 08:36 PM.

Comment

That is very interesting. It makes you wonder if such a service could be marketed to other stores in the area. If you can point out how overgrown shrubs can be a problem as you explained and why it is a problem, I bet you could line up more work like this.

You could also be proactive with other commercial clients and point out such spots on their property that can be changed.

Good job with taking the pictures. That can be used on your website and on your blog with key search words, to attract more business.
                    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I am paying $29 a yard, but I registered with the place I get my mulch from. This is a discount they give to contractors. Check with your place to see if a discount is available.
                      http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

I get colored enhanced mulch for $17.50. I can get economy mulch for $8.00. If I buy 100 yds at a time, I can get colored for $15/yd.

Comment

I got my guy down to $30. Not too bad for not buying in bulk.

Comment

Working...
                          X