No announcement yet.

Price on mowing job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you also working your social network? Are you asking for referrals?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I'm thinking about maybe having some postcards made and mailing them out locally, I am only aiming for maybe 2-3 yards to take care of for now. Does it sound like a decent plan or a waste of money?
      sigpic
      Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

I wouldnt count on some kid doing it. What happens is the first time there like yeah Ill do it for $20. Then they do it and never come back. I cant tell you how many times I been told this.

Comment

I wouldnt count on some kid doing it. What happens is the first time there like yeah Ill do it for $20. Then they do it and never come back. I cant tell you how many times I been told this.
          Yeah, I am really hoping she chooses me to do it, but I haven't heard anything back from her and i'm starting to think she is either going to find someone to do it really cheap, or talk someone into doing it for free.
          sigpic
          Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

but I haven't heard anything back from her and i'm starting to think she is either going to find someone to do it really cheap, or talk someone into doing it for free.
            Have you called back to see if she has anymore questions about your bid?

I'm thinking about maybe having some postcards made and mailing them out locally, I am only aiming for maybe 2-3 yards to take care of for now. Does it sound like a decent plan or a waste of money?
            If you want to grow, you have to experiment with your marketing. Why not try it and see what kind of response you get?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

$40 seems low to me. If you bag it, you can figure double the labor for taking the time to bag it, load the clippings in a truck/trailer, or a bag if you do it that way, then you have the cost of the bags, or the fact that you have to unload it if on truck/trailer, and pay disposal fee if you dont have free dump site.
              I would explain the benefits of mulching, and if you bag it, it just goes into a "landfill". Give her 2 prices, one inflated w/bagging, and the other being your normal rate for just mowing. Unless her lawn is ridiculously thick, anda fast grower, there is no need to bag. Im wondering if she wants it bagged because the last guy didnt do it regularly, and it wohld get too overgrown, and need to be bagged.
              Couldn't have said it better myself....good advice.

Comment

Well it all worked out, she called me this morning and left me know she is okay with $45 a cut without bagging, so it wont be to long until I start mowing, I can already see the grass starting to grow.
                sigpic
                Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

I wish the grass was growing here. Still have almost a foot of snow on the ground.

Comment

Yeah...it has snowed more times here since the first official day of spring than it has all winter, but it wasn't even snow to lay on the ground.
                    sigpic
                    Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Working...
                    X