No announcement yet.

Bid Review 13 acre lot Approx 6.5 mowable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One positive sign though they ask me for a bid on some additional repair work.
    That is good! Maybe they also know of other properties in the area or other property management companies that could be in need of your assistance as well. It might be something to ask them about.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

That is good! Maybe they also know of other properties in the area or other property management companies that could be in need of your assistance as well. It might be something to ask them about.
      They have 6 other commercial properties within 10 miles of my location. They liked my bid for the erosion control I proposed. I have a meeting with the principle owner on Tuesday to discuss adapting my proposal for other parts of the property. They have retaining walls that are failing in several locations. I'll post more on it when I get home this evening.

Clean, Quality Maintenance Services that Exceed Your Expectations.
      Find Us On Facebook: ML Landscaping Poughkeepsie NY
      Chance Favors the Prepared Mind...

Comment

They have 6 other commercial properties within 10 miles of my location. They liked my bid for the erosion control I proposed. I have a meeting with the principle owner on Tuesday to discuss adapting my proposal for other parts of the property. They have retaining walls that are failing in several locations. I'll post more on it when I get home this evening.
        So here's the situation. The client has about 40 railroad tie walls that are failing due to age. Most of which are not serving to retain their intended area's anymore. The main reason for this is because the root systems of the plantings are holding most of the areas in place. I know that for a lot of these the owner has received bids that he considers very high and make the projects cost prohibitive.

Instead of biding the replacement of the walls, I offered a different solution. Simply, we are going to remove the walls that have failed grade the slopes, then use plantings; in particular pachysandra and or junipers to control future erosion. This allows them to cut costs, do most of the work and is a long term solution to future degradation of the other retaining walls on the property.

I have a new meeting to discuss doing this for the rest of the property on Tuesday at which time I'm going to offer to consult on other properties they own and see if I can get a fold hold for additional work. Assuming I can nail this one down I'll be able to keep a 3 man crew busy for 4-5 months on this project alone.
        Last edited by warbuff; 04-01-2013, 09:36 AM.

Clean, Quality Maintenance Services that Exceed Your Expectations.
        Find Us On Facebook: ML Landscaping Poughkeepsie NY
        Chance Favors the Prepared Mind...

Comment

That sounds very interesting! Sometimes you just gotta work with the options you have. If this solution works for you and them, go for it!

I look forwards to hearing more about this and I hope you take pictures to show us what you are doing!
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
          X