Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

De-thatch, Aerate, and overseeding with moss removal bid (I'm nervous!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am guessing you lost a bit of money on the dethatching. It takes a lot longer than most people think. I have a JRCO dethather that mounts to the front of my Z, and allows me to dethatch, mow, and bag it on 1 swipe. If your going to do a lot of dethatching, I definately recommend a similar setup. I charge a set price per 1,000 square feet, and an additional price for thatch removal, if there isnt somewhere on site to dump it. I can typically do 1 acre in 1 1/2 hours if its not really heavy, or 3 if it is really heavy. I do the same for aeration. Both are huge money makers!

Comment

I didn't loose money, I would have, if my customers had not been generous with tips. Yeah blowing it all and raking it all was a lot of work - a lawn tractor would have made it far easier. I earned wealth in knowledge though.

Comment

To sum it all up, how many man hours did you think it would take and how many man hours did it take?

How would you bid the next similar job differently?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

It took about 30 hours. I would have bid 250.00 de-thatching, 180.00 for aeration, 200.00 for clearing brush and 200.00 for chemicals. All in all I am pretty happy.

Comment

Did you take before and after pics to help you sell more jobs in the future and show the potential customers what you are capable of doing?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
            X