Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

80 Yards of mulch how much would you charge???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been probably almost 4 years since I lost a job to the higher bidder. Is this a sign of the economy turning around??? Its good to hear, I am glad that its not always going to the lowest bidder because eventually that bar is set too low and we loose bids.

SECT: 250 Yds WHOA good luck and keep us posted!

Comment

Its been probably almost 4 years since I lost a job to the higher bidder. Is this a sign of the economy turning around??? Its good to hear, I am glad that its not always going to the lowest bidder because eventually that bar is set too low and we loose bids.

SECT: 250 Yds WHOA good luck and keep us posted!
      I don't think the economy is turning around, when I used to bid projects it was against 3 or 4 people (just a couple years ago) Now it seems there are 10-15 competing bids or more.

I've switch it up and instead of competing on price I try to offer the best service/value I want to be in the apples to oranges situation because I can offer more that way and set myself apart.

It doesn't always work out that way but I feel better when it does.

Clean, Quality Maintenance Services that Exceed Your Expectations.
      Find Us On Facebook: ML Landscaping Poughkeepsie NY
      Chance Favors the Prepared Mind...

Comment

instead of competing on price I try to offer the best service/value I want to be in the apples to oranges situation because I can offer more that way and set myself apart.
        For those looking to do this, what does that involve? How does one market themselves or sell themselves in such a manner?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

For those looking to do this, what does that involve? How does one market themselves or sell themselves in such a manner?
          Try to be relaxed and comfortable talking with people. If you can keep the conversation rolling, be professional and on point while showing you have the skill, means and dedication. Doing this will give you a great chance to be considered for the bid. Its not enough to believe in yourself, you have to get the client to believe as well. Confidence, delivery, follow up, professionalism, are all skills you can learn. You will have to apply these skills to make the sale.

I have a few bids out where I know I am not the low bid, this is where apples to oranges come in. You need to show them your the orange; the one giving & doing more. For example, if their curb appeal is very bad right now; Bring up how that will be the first of many things you address when you begin work. Give examples, show a willingness to exceed expectation. Tense is important, don't say if you get the contract. Saying when implies you have a plan, even when you don't.

You have to convey that you are the solution to their problems or the person who will make sure they are addressed and more importantly solved. I like to point out long term solutions to problems and in relation how a long term solutions can facilitate future cost savings.

Task orientation is very important, be clear, stay on task don't jump around from project to project. Can't stress this enough you must be able to deliver what you promise. When you can't show a client your a ability resolve a problem or address their concerns they won't trust you to fix their problems.

Hope this helps
          Last edited by warbuff; 03-20-2013, 10:35 AM. Reason: added more to response

Clean, Quality Maintenance Services that Exceed Your Expectations.
          Find Us On Facebook: ML Landscaping Poughkeepsie NY
          Chance Favors the Prepared Mind...

Comment

Figure up your payroll, your cost for the mulch, and then figure what you want to make yourself. Price it right and do it right and something like this could lead to years of work from them. Don't trip over a penny trying to grab a nickel.

Comment

Taking all of this to note, as mulching is going to be one of my services to my customers, so much appreciated on all this information.

Comment

Working...
              X