Pricing ????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing ????

I got a large apartment complex I bid on last year an think I got it for this year. I mowed it for cash last 2 months of the summer last year due to there normal lawn care guys just not showing up. Ok keep in mind I was using a 50in cub cadet z force Kohler motor stamped deck an a troy built weed wacker. It took me about 8 hours to mow it an the next day I could weed eat an blow it in about 6 hrs or less. I just started my business in the last week with a real name LLC Insurance an real equipment to mow these type of accounts. I now have all new 61in scag 2 stihl weedeaters sthil bp blowers an sthil edgers. All on a new 16ft open trailer.
    Ok now that said I bid it twice because I wanted to mow it weekly but there budget was tight so I bid it for 2 mows per month the 2nd time. I will have one guy working for me to start so keep this in mind to. I bid 2500 per month for 8 months for 2 mows weedeating an blowing. I was told by one of the grounds guys that the other lawn care guys could come in early (a 2 man crew) Around 8 am an was gone by 3 or 4 pm with commercial equipment. So Is 2500 a month good for lets say 16hrs a month. An Im no spring chicken so I weedeat slower than most thats why I got a young man hired on for the summer season.. Please give me some feedback on pricing or if I chose good equipment ect ect... Thanks Cutting it Close Lawn Care.

I got a large apartment complex I bid on last year an think I got it for this year. I mowed it for cash last 2 months of the summer last year due to there normal lawn care guys just not showing up. Ok keep in mind I was using a 50in cub cadet z force Kohler motor stamped deck an a troy built weed wacker. It took me about 8 hours to mow it an the next day I could weed eat an blow it in about 6 hrs or less. I just started my business in the last week with a real name LLC Insurance an real equipment to mow these type of accounts. I now have all new 61in scag 2 stihl weedeaters sthil bp blowers an sthil edgers. All on a new 16ft open trailer.
    Ok now that said I bid it twice because I wanted to mow it weekly but there budget was tight so I bid it for 2 mows per month the 2nd time. I will have one guy working for me to start so keep this in mind to. I bid 2500 per month for 8 months for 2 mows weedeating an blowing. I was told by one of the grounds guys that the other lawn care guys could come in early (a 2 man crew) Around 8 am an was gone by 3 or 4 pm with commercial equipment. So Is 2500 a month good for lets say 16hrs a month. An Im no spring chicken so I weedeat slower than most thats why I got a young man hired on for the summer season.. Please give me some feedback on pricing or if I chose good equipment ect ect... Thanks Cutting it Close Lawn Care.
    Do you have pics of the property? That will help us judge youe quote much better.

Comment

I dont have any pics. Sorry.

Comment

Do you have pics of the property? That will help us judge youe quote much better.
        or actual acres and where are you located.

According to you post you were spending 14 hours there per cut. If your running 2 mower now and 2 trimmers. You should be out of there in 7 but you got a guy with you. So that brings it to 14 man hours per cut still. You should be able to cut at least 2 hours of your mowing time with the scag but I would bid it based on what you used last year anyway.

Even at 28 hours, $2500 doesnt sound bad at all. Now do you have to do fall/spring clean ups, mulch, bush trimming, etc?

Comment

I dont have any pics. Sorry.
          Well then it will be really hard to tell you how if your pricing is in the ball park. But from what it sounds like you know how long your there and what your costs are. If your making money the go with it.

Comment

It only took 2 guys 7 or 8 hours to mow an weedeat it from the other crew. I had residential equipment last year. Im looking at me an another guy spending 16hrs a month there for 2500 bucks.. Last year it was just me no help an I was doing it all. An I had a cub cadet ztr that mows this south MS grass at 3 mph tops. I would guess 15 to 20 acres max. And about 10 big duplexs on it. Big circle drive in the center an lots of parking area.
            Last edited by 6295danny; 01-14-2013, 09:26 PM.

Comment

you need to figure out your true costs ,desired profits,and your time to complete these jobs before you can figure out a price ,and certainly not a single one of us can help you properly without all the info .Actually I am wrong ,5dollarlowballerlawnchild has a magical formula he got of a little ceasers commercial .

Comment

you need to figure out your true costs ,desired profits,and your time to complete these jobs before you can figure out a price ,and certainly not a single one of us can help you properly without all the info .Actually I am wrong ,5dollarlowballerlawnchild has a magical formula he got of a little ceasers commercial .
                Im sure he will be around soon enough to give his "advice"

Comment

,5dollarlowballerlawnchild has a magical formula he got of a little ceasers commercial .
                  This made me literally LOL!!!

Comment

Ok U must not have read my first post. Im new never done this for a living. I was using crap equipment last summer. Now I have commercial. I have no idea on what gas prices will run in new equipment. I took me 2 days alone for one cutting with crappy epuipment. Took the old lawn care crew 7hrs with 2 guys an commercial equipment. All I can go off of is its gonna take me 16hrs a month to cut it. Me an one helper ill be paying. Thats all the info I got...

Comment

I still think its cheese playing with us

Comment

It only took 2 guys 7 or 8 hours to mow an weedeat it from the other crew. I had residential equipment last year. Im looking at me an another guy spending 16hrs a month there for 2500 bucks.. Last year it was just me no help an I was doing it all. An I had a cub cadet ztr that mows this south MS grass at 3 mph tops. I would guess 15 to 20 acres max. And about 10 big duplexs on it. Big circle drive in the center an lots of parking area.
                        I understand that but you have to figure your mans hours into this too. Yes youll technically be there for 14-16 hours a month but with another guy with you its 28-32 hours per month. Get it?

Now do you have to do any other maintenance there? or do you just cut?

You really need to measure properties you bid. Theres no way that cub was cutting 2 acres a hour.

Comment

I did read your first post ,but cant for the life of me figure what the other guys times mean for you ,unless your equipment is the same size and capable of cutting at the same speed his times are good only as a loose guide .Also,it wouldnt surprise me if your informant might of fudged the times a little just to get a better bid from you .

Comment

Ok let me be honest I got a local lawn care guy to bid it lol. An thats how I got 2500 for 2 cuttings a month. After i bid an got the job I feel I am charging to much. I thought about 60hr is a fair price. 16hrs a month at 60 bucks a hour is only a little under a grand. How this other crew got 2500 a month is why Im asking. Huge price difference from my estimates... I dont wanna low ball but I dont wanna over charge either. This is just for mowing weedeating an blowing thats it. Thats all they wanted. An Yea I have 2 acres I live on an i mow it in a hour with the cub.... All day every day i have been using it on my 2 acres for 5 years now.
                            Last edited by 6295danny; 01-14-2013, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Ok let me be honest I got a local lawn care guy to bid it lol. An thats how I got 2500 for 2 cuttings a month. After i bid an got the job I feel I am charging to much. I thought about 60hr is a fair price. 16hrs a month at 60 bucks a hour is only a little under a grand. How this other crew got 2500 a month is why Im asking. Huge price difference from my estimates... I dont wanna low ball but I dont wanna over charge either.
                              So your pissed your charginh to much?

Comment

Working...
                              X