Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people use Property size to give estimate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many people use Property size to give estimate?

I was wondering how many of you use property size to give estimates? Also What services besides lawn mowing do you use property size to get the estimate? And does it make it easier when giving a bid?

I use property size but I also make a mental note of all the obstructions - because that will slow you down alittle plus makes for more trimmin. plus you need to figure out how much time is involved.

take for instance you can have a flat yard that is 15,000 sq ft and it will take x amount of time (depending on what equipment you have and how fast you cut and trim)

then you could have a yard that is also 15,000 sq ft and it has a huge hill and about 12 trees and those will slow you down abit,

hope this help and thanks for listening to my rant Mike the Redneck

Comment

I use it as a base then go by what redneck mike said.

Hills, trees, gates, distance from route, parking, all factor in the price. I have 5k lawns that are priced the same as 15k lawns for this reason.

Comment

It's one element of a group of them that you want to consider when creating your estimate.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I was debating on charging just of their property size but didn't think about all the other things that could change the price

Comment

Along with very specific questions (i.e. fences, playgrounds, dogs, etc.) I almost exclusively use lot size for lawn and snow.

Comment

I started out using square footage, now I just try to estimate how long it will take me to do the job and bid on hourly rate, plus 5 dollars for driving there. DON'T FORGET TO CHARGE FOR THE DRIVE TIME, some people do. This keeps you from driving forever for a 20 job. It also helps keep your yards 'together'

Comment

I was debating on charging just of their property size but didn't think about all the other things that could change the price
                How do you give your bids? In person? On the phone? That could effect your sales as well.
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I try to make sure I am giving their quote rite to their face that way I can go into more detail of how I came to the price and how I am better than xyz lawncare down the street.

Comment

Working...
                  X