Fallen Tree

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallen Tree

I need to give this guy an estimate for a fallen tree.. I'm figuring it'll take 6 hours by myself @ $45 an hr. What you guys think? How long you think this would take one person? What would you charge?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7839920...n/photostream/

Attached Files

Is the tree up rooted or did it break off? If it uprooted then you will have to clean and replace soil that has come up. No to mention cutting the roots out of the ground that could be sticking up.

I am looking at that tree; the images are not that good. We would charge 250.00 to cut it up and stack it. Another 75.00 haul off the left overs. (I keep the old wood for personal use) Find out if the home owner is paying or their property insurance.

Also if you can contract with somebody that does stump grinding in your area that is a service you can offer them.

Disclaimer:
    I am not in your area so prices could be a lot different.

Comment

Nice project. Remember, you will need to cover fuel, 2 blades sharpened, and disposal.

labor 6 @ 50 300
      fuel 1 @ 10 10
      blades 2 @ 8 16
      disposal 1 @ 75 75

total $400

No less, lawn repair is extra.

Comment

Is the tree up rooted or did it break off? If it uprooted then you will have to clean and replace soil that has come up. No to mention cutting the roots out of the ground that could be sticking up.

I am looking at that tree; the images are not that good. We would charge 250.00 to cut it up and stack it. Another 75.00 haul off the left overs. (I keep the old wood for personal use) Find out if the home owner is paying or their property insurance.

Also if you can contract with somebody that does stump grinding in your area that is a service you can offer them.

Disclaimer:
        I am not in your area so prices could be a lot different.
        Thanks, I know it's not the best picture but i had no more room to back up. I basically got 90% of the tree in the pic though. And yes, it's up rooted but he just wants a price to get rid of the tree for now. I was gonna tell him $350 so I guess I'm not too far off from your estimate.

Where are you located patrick?

Comment

Wait till it snows a bit more and buries the tree... then say you did the job.

$$$$$$$$$$$

Hahaha!

Actually, it looks like one of those simple jobs that probably catch you off guard and become a week long event that never ends until you jump off a bridge head first.

Be careful.

-

I had to dig a small hole once, easy as pie... Until I realized the lawn was layered out over a gigantic rock that laughed at me as I cried.

Comment

Thanks, I know it's not the best picture but i had no more room to back up. I basically got 90% of the tree in the pic though. And yes, it's up rooted but he just wants a price to get rid of the tree for now. I was gonna tell him $350 so I guess I'm not too far off from your estimate.

Where are you located patrick?
            I am located in Texas.

Comment

Nice project. Remember, you will need to cover fuel, 2 blades sharpened, and disposal.
              I didn't think about the sharpening because I have one of my guys do it but great point.

Comment

These jobs can be deceiving. A good size branch just fell on one of the commercial properties I service. It wasnt really my job to clean it up but I figured it would only take about a hour.

Well this branch was like half a tree. I cut most of it up pretty fast but then spent a hour loading onto the truck. I gave up half way through and left the rest for them. I get a call 2 days later asking if I'm gonna finish removing it.

A few thing to remember is the weight of these trees. You might have to take 4 or 5 trips so be prepared. I think your about right with 5-7 hours. I would charge a little extra just in case.

Comment

I am located in Texas.
                  i didnt know it was snowing in TX what im still mowing lawns down here .

Comment

It just snowed here in CT and I get to do clean ups and gutter cleanings all week. Yeah for me

Comment

Yeah Sect this snow really put a damper on my fall clean ups. Can't wait till this stuff melts and things get back on track.

Comment

Its not snowing here. He asked where I was located. When it snows here I don't work, its time to play with the kids!! lol

Comment

Pic doesnt really tell alot. I would charge $300 at bare minimum. watch the pressure points when cutting. Cut one of those branches holding the weight back and the rest will roll over to take your head off. If you know nothing about cutting trees then I recommend you either pass on it, sub it out and bring an experienced guy for the day and you be the "helper"

Comment

These jobs can be deceiving.
                            yea i was figuring 6 hours.. went there today and already spent 8. still need to spend another 3 hrs tomorrow to finish. man did i under estimate this job...

Comment

It just snowed here in CT and I get to do clean ups and gutter cleanings all week. Yeah for me
                              was it you that start it this treat or greenscaper cause i think he is here down in TX.

im glad you working in winter. sect. good for you buddy, i am in the same mission down here in south central TX NO snow but winter weeds still pop up

Comment

Working...
                              X