No announcement yet.

81530 Overgrown job for bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope i get it too ill keep everyone posted and thank you everyone for the replies.

yes it was a very nice property...its not in the picture but there is a nice garage/barn too.

johnny boy what would you have bid on this considering im cutting the whole property.

Comment

Hope i get it too ill keep everyone posted and thank you everyone for the replies.

yes it was a very nice property...its not in the picture but there is a nice garage/barn too.

johnny boy what would you have bid on this considering im cutting the whole property.
      Honestly I probably would not have bid the whole property because the time needed would have forced me to put off other work. But after working on many foreclosed homes if I was forced to price it I would bet you could at least $1400-1600 out of them if you are removing clippings.

Comment

if I was forced to price it I would bet you could at least $1400-1600 out of them if you are removing clippings
        How many man hours do you think it would take at that price range?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Honestly I probably would not have bid the whole property because the time needed would have forced me to put off other work. But after working on many foreclosed homes if I was forced to price it I would bet you could at least $1400-1600 out of them if you are removing clippings.
          holy crap... That is one high bid.

Comment

Good news the bank called and said I got the job so I will start it monday. I asked for a 50% deposit too so they are sending that today! Ill take before and after pictures too.

Im also going to be using a walkbehind billy goat brushcutter instead of a handheld so hopefully this will get it done much quicker. The billygoat claims to cut 3/4 acre per hour. Anyone have any experience with these units.

Comment

Nice work!!! Congrats!

Comment

I bid what would be fair to me. That way if I get it I'm happy and if I dont oh well. There's nothing like bidding low to get something, then get it and be pissed off for working so cheap.

Comment

Congratulations!

Keep us posted on how all this goes and let us know how long it takes versus how long you estimated it would take.
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Update

Thanks for the congrats!! I stated today and should have been close to done but of course I ran into problems.

I picked up the billy goat at 730 picked up my help then drove down to the job. I was cutting the thick grass but it wasnt doing a very good job just though it was too much for the brush cutter so kept pushing on. After about 30 min i started seeing it smoke so took the cover off and saw the belt was very loose and figured thats why it wasnt cutting. By the time they replaced the belt and i got back to the site it was 1215! Sh!tty start to the day but Sh!it happens.

Crazy part of the story tho was when I talked to the property manager that gave me the deposit. As you can see its a beautiful house so I asked what the story was....Not sure if I should put this up but cant help from sharing...the guy grew marijuana there (inside the garage all the equipment is still there and there are irrigation pipes going into the woods) and obviously got caught but here is the kicker...the guy was going to get ratted out by someone so he killed the guy and berried him in the yard...the police came and dug up the body and the grave is still there...crazy! I guess the guy though he was safe being out in farmland. But interesting story had to share.

Also there is a lot of stuff still inside the house and the property manager mentioned that they need someone to clean it out so Im going to contact the manager from the bank to put a bid on this...its not lawn care but will fill gaps in my schedule during the slow season.

Has anyone done work like this not eve sure how to bid it but i guess i will just use my hourly rate and try to base it off that.

Comment

Update

Thanks for the congrats!! I stated today and should have been close to done but of course I ran into problems.

I picked up the billy goat at 730 picked up my help then drove down to the job. I was cutting the thick grass but it wasnt doing a very good job just though it was too much for the brush cutter so kept pushing on. After about 30 min i started seeing it smoke so took the cover off and saw the belt was very loose and figured thats why it wasnt cutting. By the time they replaced the belt and i got back to the site it was 1215! Sh!tty start to the day but Sh!it happens.

Crazy part of the story tho was when I talked to the property manager that gave me the deposit. As you can see its a beautiful house so I asked what the story was....Not sure if I should put this up but cant help from sharing...the guy grew marijuana there (inside the garage all the equipment is still there and there are irrigation pipes going into the woods) and obviously got caught but here is the kicker...the guy was going to get ratted out by someone so he killed the guy and berried him in the yard...the police came and dug up the body and the grave is still there...crazy! I guess the guy though he was safe being out in farmland. But interesting story had to share.

Also there is a lot of stuff still inside the house and the property manager mentioned that they need someone to clean it out so Im going to contact the manager from the bank to put a bid on this...its not lawn care but will fill gaps in my schedule during the slow season.

Has anyone done work like this not eve sure how to bid it but i guess i will just use my hourly rate and try to base it off that.
                      Glad to hear you got the job at your price. When I tell people to bid these jobs that high they think I'm crazy.

For the clean out I would bid it like this. Now that you worked with the PM, Give them a flat price like $280 and tell them that covers 4 hours and removal. Each additional hour will be $_____. Just explain its not your usual type of gig, but you have the equipment and manpower and you think you can get it done in that amount of time but just in-case. Of course if you think its more then 4 hours say more.

Comment

holy crap... That is one high bid.

Removing clippings doubles the time and effort. Once you take on a large scale job you will see its not that much. Costs add up fast.

Comment

on the trash out

charge $28.00 per cyd

Comment

the grave is still there...crazy!
                            Where is the picture of that!

Talk about a place to have a haunted house halloween event!

Comment

Working...
                            X