81530 Overgrown job for bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 81530 Overgrown job for bank

The bank called me to mow a foreclosed home its 81530 sq ft and as you can see very overgrown and grass/weeds are up past my waist and thick. I dont have a brush hog or anything so i will have to use brushcutters and trimmers to knock it down then i guess mow over it. The only way Ill take this job is if i put in a bid and its more than worth it for me considering the work i have to put in. My biggest mower is a 42" tractor but I was also think maybe I could see how much a tractor would cost to bring in. I know someone with a 5ft finish brush hog so maybe I could consider that.

Attached Files

Do they want the grass clippings removed also?

I bid a old hotel like this about the same size for $1250. I didnt get the job but I did see what I could sub it for. The people I contacted wanted $600-$1000.

If its just cutting. You could bid less then half that and be good. It really doesnt take that long. I can do a half acre in these conditions in 2 man hours. So I say bill 7-8 man hours and you should be good.

The way we do it is use brush cutters in a zigzag pattern. This way the mower is never cutting its full width at once. Then plow through with the mower. If you have a pull behind brush cutter you can skip step one.
    Last edited by SECTLANDSCAPING; 10-10-2012, 01:51 PM.

Comment

thanks sect very helpful information. exactly what i needed.

Comment

5 scythes, 5 illegal immigrants, 1 day

Comment

haha good idea ill get a 30 pack and sit on the deck and watch

Comment

Just submitted the bid told the lady 1070 and she was very happy with the price and is forwarding it up to her boss so well see what happens. She sounded very optimistic and she has never seen the property and was very happy since i took pictures. Hopefully i get the bid and will have a nice days work. I also looked into renting a billy goat brushcutter mower which is 138 for the day which is better than the dr cutter i will be using. and thanks again sect.

Comment

Just submitted the bid told the lady 1070 and she was very happy with the price and is forwarding it up to her boss so well see what happens. She sounded very optimistic and she has never seen the property and was very happy since i took pictures. Hopefully i get the bid and will have a nice days work. I also looked into renting a billy goat brushcutter mower which is 138 for the day which is better than the dr cutter i will be using. and thanks again sect.
              This is only about 2 acres, right? Isnt the price a little steep?

Comment

This is only about 2 acres, right? Isnt the price a little steep?
                It may be, or it may not be. Every part of the country is different.

Comment

might be a little steep but i took into consideration there arent any lawn care companys in the area that i know of...most of southern new jersey is mostly woods and very rural so i know there isnt much competition so if i get it great if not lesson learned but from the sound of it looks good.

Comment

might be a little steep but i took into consideration there arent any lawn care companys in the area that i know of...most of southern new jersey is mostly woods and very rural so i know there isnt much competition so if i get it great if not lesson learned but from the sound of it looks good.
                    So you just bid it for mowing and you got over $1,000?

Where I come from, an acre is usually 40-50, so that would be $100 for your 2 acres, but not considering the overgrown though.

Comment

So you just bid it for mowing and you got over $1,000?

Where I come from, an acre is usually 40-50, so that would be $100 for your 2 acres, but not considering the overgrown though.
                      Around here 2 acres would be $200. Then factor in it missed 5-6 cuts(biweekly) then you get 1000-1200. You pay to maintain it on the regular or all at once. Either way it cost the same.

Comment

Around here 2 acres would be $200. Then factor in it missed 5-6 cuts(biweekly) then you get 1000-1200. You pay to maintain it on the regular or all at once. Either way it cost the same.
                        My area is about the same. Again, it all depends what part of the country your in. They are all different.

Comment

Bid hi man, if you get it,more power to ya! That looks like an F'n job right there. If you don't get it...o well.....on a side note, thats a beautiful property!

Comment

I hope you get the job!

Keep us posted on how this goes and how long it actually takes to get the job done.
                            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Around here the banks would never approve/ pay for the whole property to be cut. They would approve what they call a "perimeter" cut and it would be 75-100' around the house and the grass clippings will need to be removed.

I would not touch the job under the conditions listed above for less than $600. If I had to do the whole property it would be much much more.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X