Some sort of scam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some sort of scam?

I received an email today, it was a pretty convincing email, everything well spelled and formatted correctly, at the bottom of the email, there is all kinds of contact information, everything you would see on a professional business email.

Basically they were saying they are contractors who have the bid for a bunch of sheetz gas stations across the us. They want me to submit a bid if I would like so they can subcontract a local sheetz to me for snow removal. We exchanged a few emails, but I thought it was a little odd I received this email out of the blue.

I looked into the company "Shields Facilities maintenance, nothing on the internet, not even a phone number. Typed in the address and at that location is a company called Shields business solutions. The logo in the email is the same logo that belongs to that business.

Has anyone ever received and email like this before?
    sigpic
    Carlisle Lawn Care

It's a good idea to check with the BBB Better Business Bureau and also call the contact number and talk to someone. Set up a meeting even.

Comment

Keep the scammers to yourself, please.

Comment

Keep the scammers to yourself, please.

Don't worry, I won't send any your ways.

It just seems odd, because they way they conducted themselves through the emails, he seems like a real person from a legit company, but like I said I looked it up, and the only thing for that company is shields business solutions, which is like a money transportation business.

I don't know what they were trying to gain if this was a scam, thats the confusing part.

The strange part is, they send it to my personal email address, I don't really have that listed anywhere, my business email is plastered everywhere.
        sigpic
        Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

If they sent it to your personal email...its a scam.

Comment

Dear xandrew245x,

Allow me to introduce myself.

I am not a scammer. I hunt scammers down and expose them.

Please send me a down payment of $499 to get the investigation started. (additional monies may be necessary dependent on duration of scam investigation)

Upon completion, if I determine that it is a scam, I will refund all monies.

(No, really. I wouldn't lie about something like that)

Please send postal money order to the provided address without delay to get your investigation started ASAP!

Sincerely,
            Hedgescammaster
            PO Box 1234
            Pittsburgh, PA 12345

Comment

Dear xandrew245x,

Please send me a down payment of $499 to get the investigation started. (additional monies may be necessary dependent on duration of scam investigation)

Please send postal money order to the provided address without delay to get your investigation started ASAP!

Sincerely,
              Hedgescammaster
              PO Box 1234
              Pittsburgh, PA 12345
              Is that your real address????????? I never knew someone could have po box 1234.You must have to pay extra for that.

Comment

THE ANSWER::::::

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/seRhXyoNrGI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

have u being posting in Craigslist? i had a call similar to that 3 weak ago when i was bartering king, i just toll the guy i dont like sharing money with lazy bastard.

Comment

Dear xandrew245x,

Sincerely,
                    Hedgescammaster
                    PO Box 1234
                    Pittsburgh, PA 12345
                    That sounds like an awesome deal! Do you accept PayPal?

My favorite ones, "money is no problem, however I am out of the country, I will send you the money via PayPal, PayPal is very safe. Once you receive my payment my private agent will pick the item up"

I have been posting on Craigslist, but it should all go to my business email.
                    sigpic
                    Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

I send emails like that to the FBI for inclusion into thier online fraud investigations. I know they are working hard on these, have two agents who live near me and they talk about these, and thier kiddie **** investigations a lot.

There is a address for these, cnnot remember it right off.

Comment

It sounds fishy to me. What did they ask from you in the email?
                        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

It sounds fishy to me. What did they ask from you in the email?
                          All he asked was for me to submit a bid if I was interested, no personal information, no money, nothing. Thats what really baffled me.
                          sigpic
                          Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Interesting! What did you decide to do with this?
                            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Shields Facilities Maintenance

We received this same email yesterday. My only issue with Shields Facilities Maintenance is that IF they accept our company's bid to do the 2013 lawn maintenance for a specific Sheetz, that the only way of getting paid is through direct deposit. Shields Facilities Maintenance would need our banking information prior to our company doing any work for them. IF Shields Facilities Maintenance is an reputable business, they would offer to send payment by check if requested by the contractor. I say SCAM!

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X