No announcement yet.

Look at this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a tailgate for 2000-2006 f250 and a toddler swing.
    Perfect. I'm on the way up there to make the trade. If I don't hit traffic, there may still be some drops of coffee left in the mug.

Comment

Perfect. I'm on the way up there to make the trade. If I don't hit traffic, there may still be some drops of coffee left in the mug.
      There better be some coffee left or I'm keeping the swing.

Comment

holy **** you guys are ruthless. Got me laughing pretty hard. Even though I don't know about lawncareman and weekendwarrior

Comment

holy **** you guys are ruthless. Got me laughing pretty hard. Even though I don't know about lawncareman and weekendwarrior
          Heres some info to fill you in:

Lawncareman's first thread:
          http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=17495

Famous quotes by Weekendwarrior:
          "thats why the big boys pay the big bucks to insure the big gear.
          only amateurs wouldn't have insurance to cover every possible haphazard that could come along." He cut on the weekends with his wife. No insurance.

In response to best way to advertise: "for best results, advertise on radio if you can afford it and your local public access channel."

In response to a question asking how to bid 4 acres: "what equipment do you have? i would bid by the hour. that sh!ts gonna be huge. 30 an hour. if you only have to mow, they should have no problem with it. get your riding mower (tractor, z, etc.) some tunes and get to work."

Famous Quote: "i am the internet genius"

More on advertising: "anything you can think of,no matter how crazy it sounds, do it. marketing gets pretty fun, even if you have to spend a few dollars. my most expensive marketing project is an audio cd i burn myself. i get cd's in bulk off of ebay and burn them off. the cd is information about our company (no beer jokes in it, lol) if anyone is interested in hearing it, pm me for details. its only 5 minutes long."

And by far, the classic Weekendwarrior started thread:

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthrea...438#post110438

Comment

Thats the plan, Sect. I'm calling them today. But here is the catch, I was watching that show Barter Kings. Since I can't afford cash, I'm going to have to trade up. I have a used travel coffe mug from Bass Pro I'm going to start with. Wish me luck.

Let's get it done boys.

Lawncareman- I need you to take that Deere in to get the engine souped up. We need to make sure this placed is mowed FAST. Remember, quantity, not quality.

Weekendwarrior- I know you still read these threads, so listen up. Start stocking up on string for those kick *** ryobi's.

Greg- I have a tractor trailer coming down to you. You have to start it with a screwdriver, and just make sure you change license plates every few days. If the police ask, the truck never came with a VIN. Feel free to use it to transport your equipment if needed....
            Best post on this forum, ever. We need more dunces to appear on the forum making fun of them is so great.

Comment

Let's do it

Best idea ever
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I figured I would update this thread. The hotel was never sold. No work was ever done to it.

The city ended up buying it at auction for $577,000. Then after taken possession, tried to sell the contents but not a single person showed. Could've been a beautiful restoration.

The city plans to make repairs to the inn, make a proposal to the new City Council in November to pass some sort of tax-abatement package, then host a general auction in which the highest bidder would become the new owner.
                http://www.theday.com/article/201310...131019682/1017

I know the city will never develop the property. It will decay and eventually be demolished. These are the same people that bought 1/2 of downtown with taxpayer money then sold it to their friends for less. Then went and tore down 80 homes and a half dozen businesses. One spot was developed and the rest have fences and 4ft high grass.

Comment

Its a shame they let things like that go!

When you first posted pictures, my jaw dropped. That place could be amazing and the potential to make a lot of $$$$. It's too bad they just let it go. You'd think they would offer some type of incentive to get a buyer to fix it up. There is no sense in the town/county paying for it and losing all that money!

Comment

That sucks! However If you get asked to bid again, enclose the pictures of what it did look like years ago, and submit the bid to make it look like that again. I would think that a bid in the thousands would be right. (5 or so)

Good luck in the future.

Comment

That sucks! However If you get asked to bid again, enclose the pictures of what it did look like years ago, and submit the bid to make it look like that again. I would think that a bid in the thousands would be right. (5 or so)

Good luck in the future.
                      I bid the cut and clean up, one price. The beds, bushes and hedges clean up, one price. Then the whole place landscaped, mulched, one price with a option of 1 year of maintenance.

I like to write up bids like this. It gives them the options of different packages and often I'm the only one that submits quotes for the other work. So I get it by default. Just a trick with big commercial sites that have everyone bidding the same specs.

Ill update this thread when
                      A. The city admits defeat and burns the place down.
                      B. Homeless people take over the hotel and get fly by night companies to fix it for free.
                      C. Fredrick Law Olmsted rises from the dead and fixes it himself.
                      Last edited by SECTLANDSCAPING; 10-21-2013, 03:53 PM.

Comment

I wonder if you could write the city and tell them you would like to lease it for X amount of years for $1. Clean it up, repair it, operate it as a hotel again and then when that specified period of time ends, you get first option to buy it.

Who knows! Stranger things have happened.
                        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
                        X