No announcement yet.

Help estimating hedges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully no offense will be taken, but, #1 its florida-the economy has struck you guys pretty bad, which is VERY unfortunate. #2 you say its routine. I grew up in MA, where it snows often. If it snowed in FL, you'd charge an outrageous price...where as I wouldn't, because its routine for me.

All parts of the country are different. For Donslawns, he may be the cheapest! I say quote what you think is a reasonable and fair price for where you are. Most people will pay a bit more if they know they are paying quality work. My quotes I give are a bit on the higher side, but all my customers know I will show up every week or 2. They never have to worry at all because they know I will keep their lawn looking good.

For Donslawns- I say go for it! If your good at selling yourself and what you do, you'll get it.
    I have too agree....The prices do vary depending on location, what is the norm for some appear crazy to others .....Good Luck...Hope you get it...

Comment

Wow, I just bid on a hedge trimming job thats about 15' of bushes, I only quoted $180 for it, now I feel like I could have gotten way more.
      Don't feel bad, I quoted one for $140 for 15' L, 3' W, 4' D and was pretty much told "HE!! NO!!! Thats way too much!" This also included 2 medium sized shrubs in the front yard.
      You win some you lose some. But in the end, we all need to make $$ to keep going. On the other hand, I just trimmed up a few shrubs, weeded 2 SMALL gardens, and cut the grass on a townhouse for $90 total-the whole thing took me maybe 45 minutes.

Comment

Don't feel bad, I quoted one for $140 for 15' L, 3' W, 4' D and was pretty much told "HE!! NO!!! Thats way too much!" This also included 2 medium sized shrubs in the front yard.
        You win some you lose some. But in the end, we all need to make $$ to keep going. On the other hand, I just trimmed up a few shrubs, weeded 2 SMALL gardens, and cut the grass on a townhouse for $90 total-the whole thing took me maybe 45 minutes.
        I thought the lady was shopping around, so I gave her a little cheaper price because I wanted the job, well turns out, she is just a relative up the people who lived there, they died and its her house now, she lives hours away, and she only called me. I could have priced it pretty much however I wanted it. Well its not to bad, because there is a whole back yard of work she wants done then, she just wanted to start with this project, looks like i'll be making a couple thousand on this one
        sigpic
        Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

I also live and work in central florida. I charge (and get) .50 a foot one side and top, hedges under 5 feet. .75 for both sides. add .25 for up to 8 foot. add another .50 over 8 foot. sounds like a lotta math but there you go. I also add 50 dollars for haul away. Then try to find a good burn pile to put it on. (several of my customers have one and tell me to go ahead and throw it on). it takes me about 1 hour to cut about 65 feet of 8 foot hedge, and 4 8 foot separate bushes. thats 100 for the hedge, 50 for the bushes and 50 for haul away. She said wow thats great!!! have done this job 4 times in the last year and a half. Don't underestimate your jobs, you may not get all of them, but its better to make money on the ones you get than to lose your ***.

Comment

I also live and work in central florida. I charge (and get) .50 a foot one side and top, hedges under 5 feet. .75 for both sides. add .25 for up to 8 foot. add another .50 over 8 foot. sounds like a lotta math but there you go. I also add 50 dollars for haul away. Then try to find a good burn pile to put it on. (several of my customers have one and tell me to go ahead and throw it on). it takes me about 1 hour to cut about 65 feet of 8 foot hedge, and 4 8 foot separate bushes. thats 100 for the hedge, 50 for the bushes and 50 for haul away. She said wow thats great!!! have done this job 4 times in the last year and a half. Don't underestimate your jobs, you may not get all of them, but its better to make money on the ones you get than to lose your ***.
            Are you looking for a business partner? I only live 16 hours from you. Just sleep on the thought, I don't need an answer tonight. 50-50 split.

Comment

YEAh thats what i heard please dont take it personal, that people will work for cents in Florida really sad
              i just did this edges and this little palms(5) i think they were no righter than 10 ft the hedges where around the entire house.

i charge 1,800 he was really happy to pay.
              Cents.... 150.00 for an hour of trimming.... cents.....For real?

EVERY THING IS BIGGER IN TEXAS!
              My cousin lives there and owns a lawn care company....Last I checked Florida and Texas were bout the same far as pricing goes.
              If you can't be good..Be good at it!

Comment

Hopefully no offense will be taken, but, #1 its florida-the economy has struck you guys pretty bad, which is VERY unfortunate. #2 you say its routine. I grew up in MA, where it snows often. If it snowed in FL, you'd charge an outrageous price...where as I wouldn't, because its routine for me.
                No offense taken... I agree with you.
                If you can't be good..Be good at it!

Comment

[QUOTE=JLM;114419]
                  YEAh thats what i heard please dont take it personal, that people will work for cents in Florida really sad
                  i just did this edges and this little palms(5) i think they were no righter than 10 ft the hedges where around the entire house.

i charge 1,800 he was really happy to pay.

Cents.... 150.00 for an hour of trimming.... cents.....For real?

EVERY THING IS BIGGER IN TEXAS!
                  My cousin lives there and owns a lawn care company....Last I checked Florida and Texas were bout the same far as pricing goes.
                  hey im sorry,i might miss read, your post, i thought u said 150.00 per the entire 4,800 sq/ft at 150.00 u are definably making money and yes everything is BIG IN TX.

Comment

I just did this edges and this little palms(5) i think they were no righter than 10 ft the hedges where around the entire house
                    How long did that job take to perform?
                    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

How long did that job take to perform?
                      2 days, and after that job he had me done irrigation, took me another 2 days and he sign a year contract for lawn maintenance

Comment

That is fantastic!
                        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

[QUOTE=Grass Doctor;114444]

hey im sorry,i might miss read, your post, i thought u said 150.00 per the entire 4,800 sq/ft at 150.00 u are definably making money and yes everything is BIG IN TX.
                          i mean everything

Comment

What kind of tools are you going to be using to do this? Depending on what you use, it could really effect your time on site.
                            hi Steve,
                            I always use a Shindaiwa multi Purpose tool with the hedge trimmer attachment they are great, and either my 10' or 16' foot Orchard ladder

Comment

hi Steve,
                              I always use a Shindaiwa multi Purpose tool with the hedge trimmer attachment they are great, and either my 10' or 16' foot Orchard ladder
                              hey bro how did you with this job did u get to do it.

Comment

hey bro how did you with this job did u get to do it.
                                I wanna know too!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X