Help estimating hedges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help estimating hedges

I need help estimating this hedge trimming job...this back hedge is 10 feet tall and 200 feet long X 2 feet wide mostly cedar, also various other shrubs around property..any help would be appreciated, thank you

Attached Files

I need help estimating this hedge trimming job...this back hedge is 10 feet tall and 200 feet long X 2 feet wide mostly cedar
    What kind of tools are you going to be using to do this? Depending on what you use, it could really effect your time on site.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

What kind of tools are you going to be using to do this? Depending on what you use, it could really effect your time on site.
      i am not big in hedging i like bushes to look natural and flowery, but i am not picky when it comes to work im not scare if i am wrigth this is 4,800 sq/ft

i will do this job with a poll hedger and a hand hedger and i good ladder i say i will take, 2 days i will charge 50.00 to 75.00 cents for sq/ft

Comment

i am not big in hedging i like bushes to look natural and flowery, but i am not picky when it comes to work im not scare if i am wrigth this is 4,800 sq/ft

i will do this job with a poll hedger and a hand hedger and i good ladder i say i will take, 2 days i will charge 50.00 to 75.00 cents for sq/ft
        really, 50 cents a sq ft at 4,800 sq ft is 2,400.00 dollars for trimming a hedge.

can i please have some of what you are smoking? i really need to feel that way.

Comment

really, 50 cents a sq ft at 4,800 sq ft is 2,400.00 dollars for trimming a hedge.

LOL. Seems a bit much.

Comment

well i really don't have any commercial property's. but for real, i don't like to give away my labor for sheep, i only have a guy working for me and its my brother so i really appreciate Avery sweat and risk. if i charge a home owner around 30 to 60cnts sq/ft for hedging why should i charge a commercial account equal. or less hey the residential customer have no problem paying.

my sense of short experience tell me they should pay me even more since they require all the bs from insurance and etc.

like i say, i don't have residential accounts and im not looking get any at this time, i need more experience i respect the post of dpl since i know he is a well season veteran in this business but i say i see guys here all the time giving their work for penny's and yes i understand this line of duty its all about numbers.

i have to go eat it will continuo

Comment

well i really don't have any commercial property's. but for real, i don't like to give away my labor for sheep, i only have a guy working for me and its my brother so i really appreciate Avery sweat and risk. if i charge a home owner around 30 to 60cnts sq/ft for hedging why should i charge a commercial account equal. or less hey the residential customer have no problem paying.

my sense of short experience tell me they should pay me even more since they require all the bs from insurance and etc.

like i say, i don't have residential accounts and im not looking get any at this time, i need more experience i respect the post of dpl since i know he is a well season veteran in this business but i say i see guys here all the time giving their work for penny's and yes i understand this line of duty its all about numbers.

i have to go eat it will continuo
              Well I thought it a bit high but if thats what your getting then go for it. Good job.You would be hard pressed in my area to get a residential client to pay .30 to .60 cents sq foot.I mean even .20 a sf would be close to a grand. Thats good money for trimming. But like I said if you get that kind of money more power to you.

Comment

Well I thought it a bit high but if thats what your getting then go for it. Good job.You would be hard pressed in my area to get a residential client to pay .30 to .60 cents sq foot.I mean even .20 a sf would be close to a grand. Thats good money for trimming. But like I said if you get that kind of money more power to you.
                im not trying to sound like a ****y assshollee, i might be high, i rather be high than low. but if they take the bite i will work really happy for 2 or 3 days.
                For me clientele should not dictate, what we charge or what our rates should be, if i call a plumber Right now he will charge 50 to 60 bucks just for the call, most of us advertise"quotes for free" clientele its always looking for help. cause they cant not do what we do

1 they dont want to do it
                2 they dont have the equipment.
                3 they wont take the risk off falling of a ladder.
                4 they should pay my insure since they are asking for it.
                5 its frecking hot out side and they know it.
                6 are job its not easy

here is a little off self experience.

last year i start in this industry just doing landscapes and outdoors living spaces(patios,etc), like around mid year, i start getting lawn maintenance accounts, after each project i did i,budget maintenance plans for the clients.

90% of the clients hire me, to keep up their lawn, bushes etc.

one day this guy was mowing across the street and he comes and ask me how much are u charging and he say the name of the home owner, i said 55
                and he say back, haa he use to pay me 30 bucks. how did u get away with him paying u 55 i dont know, i just say this is my price to keep your place nice and healthy, then he hire me and say im going to tell my guy not to come any more.

sorry buddy u should charge a little extra.

like i said, i am the guy with the lawnmower in the back of the truck, i dont even have a trailer, cause i cant not afford it yet.
                i start a business to make money.

i consider my self a professional.

and im not trying, to be rude i am still learning to quote my self, and i come to this forum every day to learn and pick up from other experiences, but one thing for sure better higher then lower, that will give me room to go down 300 or even 500 if i really need the job.

good luck with the appraisal my friend.

Comment

We trim hedges like that almost every day. Its all part of the routine here in FL. Honestly if you could get 150.00 for the job you would be doing good. We could trim those hedges in 1 hour no BS. If you got the tools and the know-how time is not an issue.
                  If you can't be good..Be good at it!

Comment

We trim hedges like that almost every day. Its all part of the routine here in FL. Honestly if you could get 150.00 for the job you would be doing good. We could trim those hedges in 1 hour no BS. If you got the tools and the know-how time is not an issue.

YEAh thats what i heard please dont take it personal, that people will work for cents in Florida really sad
                    i just did this edges and this little palms(5) i think they were no righter than 10 ft the hedges where around the entire house.

i charge 1,800 he was really happy to pay.

Attached Files

Comment

since u ask what am i smoking

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2PF3AoKakAw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i hate drugs buddy, beer, anything that takes me away from reality and make me stupid. let me know.

Comment

depending on how low your cutting will effect price. If your cutting them in half then its a 8-12 hour job. If your trimming maybe a 1 ft or 2. Then somewhere around 5-9 hours. You can do either one in a day with 2 guys. Youll just have a crap load more of debris if your cutting them down to 3-4 ft.

The difference between commercial and residential is commercial is all about the money. Sure they have deep pockets and are making money off the property but these are the types that will fire Joe whos been there 20 years to save money on a new hire. Almost everything goes out to bid so youll always have competition. This doesnt mean if you dont lower your price youll get less work. You just have to prove that your work is of higher quality and worth the extra.

Comment

I have a Shindaiwa Multi -Purpose tool and will be using the hedge trimmer attachment, its not a hard job really as the hedge is only 2 feet wide..its just long, I am very good at using this.

http://www.donslawns.weebly.com

lots of uploaded videos of jobs done before and afters

Comment

Hopefully no offense will be taken, but, #1 its florida-the economy has struck you guys pretty bad, which is VERY unfortunate. #2 you say its routine. I grew up in MA, where it snows often. If it snowed in FL, you'd charge an outrageous price...where as I wouldn't, because its routine for me.

All parts of the country are different. For Donslawns, he may be the cheapest! I say quote what you think is a reasonable and fair price for where you are. Most people will pay a bit more if they know they are paying quality work. My quotes I give are a bit on the higher side, but all my customers know I will show up every week or 2. They never have to worry at all because they know I will keep their lawn looking good.

For Donslawns- I say go for it! If your good at selling yourself and what you do, you'll get it.

Comment

Wow, I just bid on a hedge trimming job thats about 15' of bushes, I only quoted $180 for it, now I feel like I could have gotten way more.
                              sigpic
                              Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Working...
                              X