No announcement yet.

Hedge trimming and mulch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a craftmans string trimmer that you can get multiple attachments for, I may look to see if they have a hedge trimming attachment, that way I don't have to pay 2-300 dollars right now for a gas powered hedge trimmer.
    sigpic
    Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

This is what I use when I am not using my battery powered ones

Comment

thats exactly like the craftsman one, and about the same price too. I think thats the route i'm going to take since I don't ever use my craftsman line trimmer anymore. I lost the air filter out of it and my mom bought a new string trimmer for the her business and gave me the old echo string trimmer. I did buy a replacement air filter for it, so its good to go.
        sigpic
        Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

I have that attachment. (Poulan Pro version)

It's "OK", but I wouldn't want to use it all the time - I don't think it cuts as cleanly for "nice" hedges.
          It's what I use for "crappy" stuff, or work near the ground where I may damage my good trimmer.
          Also, while the extended length is helpful when needed, it is often overkill when it's not.

I'm planning on replacing it with a commercial unit soon, but for now I use a Crapsman hedge trimmer. It's one of their better ones and it works fairly well, but it really is time to trade up.

Heh. I don't think I have a PHOTO of it! Hard to believe, huh?

ETA: Here it is! HA!

Last edited by Hedgemaster; 08-09-2012, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Hmm...could buy the attachment for $109 or I could buy the whole trimmer for $185 what do you think?

Buying the attachment would give me more reach, but would be hard to use in some places.
            sigpic
            Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Or you could keep an eye out and get the attachment at Wmart on clearance for $45 like I did. (I bought 2)
              They should be marking them down soon if not already.

See here for my clearance-bin cheapo trimmer and attachmentpalooza...
              http://www.gopherforum.com/showthrea...=cheap+trimmer
              Last edited by Hedgemaster; 08-09-2012, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Or you could keep an eye out and get the attachment at Wmart on clearance for $45 like I did. (I bought 2)
                They should be marking them down soon if not already.
                Will that attachment fit my craftmans string trimmer? The ladys place is right up the street from walmart so maybe i'll stop in tomorrow and take a look.

Apparently my mom wants the echo string trimmer back, but has generously offered to buy me a commercial trimmer, I was looking at stihl trimmers, maybe I should just get a commercial piece from the start so it lasts

I defiantly need something other than that craftmans for line trimming, it vibrates so bad that my hands are killing me after 15 minutes of trimming.
                sigpic
                Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Yeah, all those residential "attachments" are essentially interchangeable.
                  I looked at the Sears units and they are the same as the others.
                  Most seem to be made by the same company and just labeled differently.

If money is an issue, I'd put the cash towards a commercial string trimmer since you need that EVERY SINGLE DAY. You can get by with a lesser hedge trimmer.
                  If you have money for both - even better.

Comment

Okay, i'm going to stop by after I give that estimate and see how much they are, if its cheap i'm buying it, I can always use it for backup later on
                    sigpic
                    Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. I swear by echo line trimmers. Great warranty and great product. I mean stihl is good too, just my preference is echo.

Comment

be careful spending money on tools for just 1 job. sometimes its best to give it the old Marine Corps "SUCK IT UP!!" and use something you may already have, or requires little cash. Using all your profits from that job to buy a new piece of equipment may not be the smartest idea...because who knows when you'll be using it again? I did 3 fairly small hedge jobs in a week, and did it all by hand. My arms hurt like hell, but I used that money to buy some clippers. So now the job next week that I have to do will be easier.

Comment

If its on sale, its only going to be a $45 attachment, I already have the trimmer to attach it to.

Wat, I have used both echo and stihl in the past, and I just hands down like the stihl better, everyone has their own preferences, I did look at a couple commercial echos the other day too, I think I am going to go with the sthil trimmer. I do have an echo backpack blower and I do love that though
                          sigpic
                          Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. I swear by echo line trimmers. Great warranty and great product. I mean stihl is good too, just my preference is echo.
                            Could'nt agree more !! ECHO ! ECHO ! ECHO !

Comment

Could'nt agree more !! ECHO ! ECHO ! ECHO !
                              Okay, I will take a look a echo

I do have to say I do like the one I have been borrowing, but we also have a stilh trimmer and I really like that one too.

I'm looking at echo's website, do they not have commercial products? Or all of their products commercial grade?
                              sigpic
                              Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Yes they have commercial grade...Check Waldes mower sales, Gettysburg....

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X