would you bid this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you bid this?

Guy called me to cut some brush. Said it was marsh like. I look at it and its all mud and water. He told me he fell knee deep 2 or 3 times when he did it.

So the question is would you even do this job? If so how much would you charge?

I did bid it but I bid it high enough that if I got it, I would still make out. The property ends where the pole is.

He did the easy part where theres footing and it took him about a hour.

Attached Files

I bid on a lot of stuff...but i'd pass on that. thats a bit much for me. keep us posted if you get it! if you don't mind me asking, whats the price you offered?

Comment

My response to job like this is " I am sorry but I am not equiped to handle a job like this." It tells them I am not interested, but does not insult them. Maybe there will other work I can handle or want to handle.

Comment

looks like a lot of time with a trimmer you could damage any mower you put on it.
        I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

Some of you make it sound like it would be a difficult job but it really is not. I do agree that it would probably have to be done with a trimmer. No sense risking any equpment or boots... LOL

Throw down a 2x6 walk on that to cut then move it and do it again. Simple solutions to simple problems.

Seems that some do not want to tackle the hard stuff. You say you do not need the work? Well you better stock up the cash while you can because the economy is still not stable and can turn around any time.
          Pat

Comment

How long are you thinking this would take?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I would bid it. The guy has done it before & didn't like it, Just bid it high enough to make it worth doing & see what happens.
              Evansville Lawn Mowing
              Newburgh Lawn Care

Comment

I would recommend having it sprayed and bring in a bunch of sand to make it a beach. Less maintenance long term.
                Don't Keep Replacing Lawn Sprinkler Heads
                Protect them with "Sprinkler Buddy"
                CLICK HERE > http://www.sprinklerbuddy.com

Comment

Some of you make it sound like it would be a difficult job but it really is not. I do agree that it would probably have to be done with a trimmer. No sense risking any equpment or boots... LOL

Throw down a 2x6 walk on that to cut then move it and do it again. Simple solutions to simple problems.

Seems that some do not want to tackle the hard stuff. You say you do not need the work? Well you better stock up the cash while you can because the economy is still not stable and can turn around any time.
                  I was willing to do it but I'm going to charge for the PITA factor. After you finish a job like this you might as well rinse off with a hose. Youll be dirty from head to toe. I thought of using plywood or boards or even snow shows lol.

I would bid it. The guy has done it before & didn't like it, Just bid it high enough to make it worth doing & see what happens.
                  Thats what I did. I thought it would take 4-6 man hours. My bid was $320.

I would recommend having it sprayed and bring in a bunch of sand to make it a beach. Less maintenance long term.
                  I actually mentioned this but the water creates a problem with spraying. I recommended to fill it with crushed stone and sand to fix it permanently. I think the cost is to much but it would cheaper long term.

Comment

I like the beach idea !!! then build a nice dock for fishing

Comment

I thought of using plywood or boards or even snow shows lol.
                      Boards would be easier to use and I never even thought of snow shoes. You can also strap a 2x4 to your *** to keep you from going any deeper... LOL

It was not your comment that I was talking about. Seems like if a job is hard people back off, expecially if there is WORK involved.

Of course you should charge a PITA fee. I would bet that with snow shoes if you bid it high and get it, you can be done really fast. When the guy is amazed and starts to complain, he is paying for your expertise. Something that he does not have.

If you do that, you need to get someone snapping pics, First photo of someone cutting grass in snowshoes.

Main thing guys, you are there to fix a problem. Find the problem, solve the problem, charge accordingly.
                      Pat

Comment

Keep us posted on how this works out.
                        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
                        X