No announcement yet.

mulch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol. I've done 12 yards in one day by myself. Never again.
    Yeah. 15 yards over 2 days here - plus manually edging the whole thing and a bunch of other little things. Ugh.

Comment

I sorta put my foot in my mouth by saying 20 dollars per hour.
      Keep us posted on how all this goes.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

i came up with 965 bucks, to install a french ditch, a small area under the garden, tearing everything up, replacing mulch (4 cubic yards), and trim like 15 hedges that are like 10-15 feet high. That's total after labor and everythinig. hopefully it isn't to much. I've studied deep into all the subjects at hand. I've done it for other companies for yards, just one of my own legit gig for my company. So, thanks for the support guys!

Comment

I get mulch for $28 a yard. I charge $90 a yard...I'm one of the cheapest guys around here.
          Damn! I do that for $75, so I'm only making about $50 per yard. But I'm picking it up and installing it. And I still have people think it's too high. When people think it's too much I just kindle walk away from the table. I've seen some of my regular customers tackle those jobs, but it takes them months to complete, because they realize it's hard work and they procrastinate about finishing.

And they are going to the box stores and buying the bark or mulch in bags. Just foolish.

Comment

Damn! I do that for $75, so I'm only making about $50 per yard. But I'm picking it up and installing it. And I still have people think it's too high. When people think it's too much I just kindle walk away from the table. I've seen some of my regular customers tackle those jobs, but it takes them months to complete, because they realize it's hard work and they procrastinate about finishing.

And they are going to the box stores and buying the bark or mulch in bags. Just foolish.
            I love it when I see people go to box stores and by sh!itloads of bagged mulch. Ive had a client say they would do it when my quote was too high. I dont have them any more(thank god). Anyway they buy a couple bags then never finish. That bagged sh!t is twice as expensive. Also when you get out there and start hauling that stuff around you realize it hard work. Some people just dont see it. We offer a service which does cost money. If your cheap and cant afford it dont call us in the first place!!

Comment

Well, I guess she thought I was to much cause she's not called me back since I delievered it to her... Oh well.

Comment

Sometimes its for the best. I just gave a quote out for a lawn renovation...haven't heard back. I'm not worried about it and neither should you. Most of the time the cheapest guy wins the bid, but is making next to nothing off a job even worth it? Take the time you would have spent doing it and pound pavement for a while. I'm sure you can pick up a few extra customers here and there.

Comment

Thanks bud.

Comment

You really need to know how too estimate before you can tackle a job like this one...You can lose your A** and the customer will be standing there with a smile on !!

Comment

You really need to know how too estimate before you can tackle a job like this one...You can lose your A** and the customer will be standing there with a smile on !!
                      I bet he appreciates you telling him what someone else said.

Comment

I came to this forum for help from people. To learn on esimates because I've read everything online, bought books from stores and read, and went to business school in high school, and than grew up on a job site because my Papa owned a very large contracting company. Yes, I still need help. Thank you for the help.

Comment

Well, I guess she thought I was to much cause she's not called me back since I delievered it to her... Oh well.
                          was this the 24 yard mulch job? I see all that other work in the bid.

Comment

Well, she wanted abunch of stuff done. But she was more interested in the hedges and french ditch installed.

Comment

Could you call her and ask her if she had any more questions or needed any more help? You never know what might have happened since the last time you spoke so it doesn't hurt to keep the lines of communication open.
                              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Well, I didn't wanna be pushy, she has my business card and the invoice with the prices and all on it and the number. I went to her house three times and emailed her once.

Comment

Working...
                                X