Please Help me bid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help me bid

Please help me bid this job. She just wants mowing, weed eating and blowing. Using a 42" ZTR

I absolutely have no idea where to begin. It included bothe homes in the pictures. Back to the barn, and all the way to the fence.

Thanks!

Welcome to our forum!

I absolutely have no idea where to begin.
    How many sq. ft. of lawn is this? How many linear feet will you have to line trim?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Personally I'd be in the $120 weekly or $160 biweekly range. It looks HUGE, but then again yards in my area are tiny.

Comment

Welcome to our forum!

How many sq. ft. of lawn is this? How many linear feet will you have to line trim?
        Not sure of the sq footage, to be honest. I know its more than 1.5 acres, but it's easy to mow. Not a lot of trees or objects.

Linear foot shouldn't be much. She just wants it done around both houses. There is no grass around any of the trees to trim.

I know it would take longer with my 42", but I'd like to bid on the "job", not "per hr". She would be a contract customer, and I don't want to bid too high or too low.

Comment

Personally I'd be in the $120 weekly or $160 biweekly range. It looks HUGE, but then again yards in my area are tiny.
          Thanks for the range. I was guessing 140ish before I posted on this forum. So it's good to know I might not be off by that much.

They did say that they would like it done every 10 days.

Comment

Just make sure you cover your time and fuel. I mean how long do you think it is going to take? What is your normal hourly rate. I would say that lawn may take 2.5 hrs maybe? Factor in your trimming and blowing. Maybe 3 hrs when all said and done. At $40 an hr your at $120 then it being every ten days Id go a little higher. Tell them and see what they have to say. Its nice having a big account like this so if they balk maybe you can adjust something or other. just dont get caught doing it for too cheap. That always sucks and you kick yourself in the @ss for it.

Comment

I would be careful with the every ten days thing what a pain. 7 or 14 only, that way you know what day of the week it falls

Comment

$175 about every 10 days. Give or take a day or two.

Comment

Try to get some competitors prices. See what they charge for lawns. It gives you a general idea of what the rate is in your area.

Comment

I'd also suggest you measuring out the property, either pacing it or using a surveyor's wheel so you have an accurate measurement of how much you have to mow and trim. Then you will be able to use those measurements and prices later when you bid on other properties.
                    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

If you dont measure the property theres not much advice people can give you. Theres a reason why every trade measures.

Comment

Working...
                      X