No announcement yet.

Apartment Cleanup - It's Very Bad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Her expectations as far as time and budget are nowhere near reasonable and she is trying to bait you with more work later(trimming trees & shrubs) if you do the clean up now. Probably best to pass.
    I completely agree. Don't hold your breath on additional work or timely/complete payment.

Comment

Do you do this only if the yard is a real mess or do you do this for all yard cleanups?
      I had recently gotten a bid for a hedge job (too big for me to handle, was going to sub it out) and they offered a discount for having both hedges done at once. I thought it was a good idea, and thought I would try it if I needed to.

Well, I gave it a shot with a customer, and he went for it. I thought it was a high bid. But what I thought would be a 7 man-hour job, too nearly 12 man-hours. So not so high after all.

I did the same for another customer, and she has signed up as well.

My biggest issue with cleanups is getting paid. Last year I didn't even do cleanups. I just told those who asked that I'm booked up. I wasn't sure how to bid, and was tired of loosing money. I actually pay my help the day we finish, even if I don't get paid. So I would loose out twice.

Now I tell people it's due on completion. One I recently did the customer signed up and handed me a check for the rest of June, and all of July. So when he asked to pay half no and half in a couple weeks, I felt he was good for it.

I have another cleanup this Saturday, and will ask for payment on completion. May even have her sign a contract.

Comment

Do you feel there may be value in including yard cleanups for customers who sign up with you for annual lawn care? Would this be a win for you and the customer?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Technically in my opinion Apartment Cleanups are Inside work

I had recently gotten a bid for a hedge job (too big for me to handle, was going to sub it out) and they offered a discount for having both hedges done at once. I thought it was a good idea, and thought I would try it if I needed to.

Well, I gave it a shot with a customer, and he went for it. I thought it was a high bid. But what I thought would be a 7 man-hour job, too nearly 12 man-hours. So not so high after all.

I did the same for another customer, and she has signed up as well.

My biggest issue with cleanups is getting paid. Last year I didn't even do cleanups. I just told those who asked that I'm booked up. I wasn't sure how to bid, and was tired of loosing money. I actually pay my help the day we finish, even if I don't get paid. So I would loose out twice.

Now I tell people it's due on completion. One I recently did the customer signed up and handed me a check for the rest of June, and all of July. So when he asked to pay half no and half in a couple weeks, I felt he was good for it.

I have another cleanup this Saturday, and will ask for payment on completion. May even have her sign a contract.
          I do a few of these and differentiate between so called yard cleanups and internal cleans and rubbish removal 99% of the time it is for my Landlords and Estate Agents and is needed when tenants are evicted and or do a runner
          First I always meet them on site and we discuss the extent of the work required I then calculate all the materials (Cleaning carpet etc) Disposal Costs and other overheads incl mileage extra labor equipment hire add 15% and that is the deposit they need before work commences I then tell them my personal chargeout rate/hr and that X the no of hours I spend on the job is due on final inspection if it is accepted they direct credit money overnight Once job is done I ask for them to check it If satisfied then money goes through no problems With the person on site I also photograph the whole job before and after That way when new tenants move in they get a copy of the photos with their tenancy agreement so everyone knows whether any damages are done when they leave.
          If customers are one off quote the job and require deposit (plus 33.33%) which must be paid before work commences If they cant afford deposit turn the job down because in my opinion they cant afford it anyway
          I also have arrangements in place with local Government Agencies like our Department of Social Welfare where I'm registered as a supplier and people on a benefit/super etc can take the photos and full quote to them If they accept the quote the department pays me direct the person may only need to pay it back at $10/week
          Cash4Trash
          sigpic
          Property Services

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X