How to bid 4 Acres

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to bid 4 Acres

Anybody on here have a lawn that is 4 acres they do? i just got a call to go bid a house thats on a well cared for 4 acres of lawn. Not even sure where i should start the bid price at any ideas??

what equipment do you have?

i would bid by the hour. that sh!ts gonna be huge.

30 an hour. if you only have to mow, they should have no problem with it.

get your riding mower (tractor, z, etc.) some tunes and get to work.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=336810496393655

Comment

i charge 100.00 per acre that includes the trimming and blowing but obviously spring and fall clean up is extra.

Comment

Anybody on here have a lawn that is 4 acres they do? i just got a call to go bid a house thats on a well cared for 4 acres of lawn. Not even sure where i should start the bid price at any ideas??
        Is this 4 acres of lawn, or does the 4 acres include dwellings and other assorted obstacles?

Comment

I have a 3.5 acre yard but thats includes the house and a large workshop plus driveway. Of the actual grass I mow, I'd say it's just over/under 3 acres. It takes me an hour and 20 minutes to just mow it. No trimming blowing etc. I have a 61" scag ZTR and I also stripe the whole thing. I charge $95 to mow it weekly

Comment

I would give them a discount on the extra acres since its all in one place. I would say $250-$300

Comment

150.00 bucks a pop whit a year round, sign contract with minimum of 2 visits per month so 300.00 and 1 visit minimum on the cold months i live in the south so it will work out fine for me to apply preemergent. in the cold months and still charge 300.00

Comment

No drive time(plus) So give them a break and charge $267 per week for the whole ball of wax....Hopefully you have a mower that can mow one acre per hour or more...
                08 F250 Ext Cab/04 Chevy 3500
                05 F350/04 F350 Diesel/12 Ram 4500 Dump
                4 -60 Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48
                3 -8'2" Boss V-Plows
                1- Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
                20' Enclosed trailer
                18' Skid & 16' Open Trailer
                2012 - S185 Bobcat

Comment

I got the job i bid it at $300. i Asked if they will want more work done prunning clean ups mulch install and they said yes they are planning on me doing it all.

Comment

I got the job i bid it at $300. i Asked if they will want more work done prunning clean ups mulch install and they said yes they are planning on me doing it all.
                    thats good news for you.

congrats and good luck.

i forgot to mention that with multiple acres that i would normally knock a few bucks off and your price is not too far off from mine.

Comment

Thats a good account as long as you have the mower for it. You could easily make $150 a hour.

Comment

good for u, congrats.

Comment

I can only get about $40.00 an acre here...I have tried the per hour thing, and it just messes with your head. There is no reason to get technical about it, charge by the job. I've learned that I have came pretty damn close in the past, and usually come out making more, if I just charge by the job. Remember, you want to be fair to yourself, but if you bid everything at 100-150/hr, and only have a 42'' riding tractor, you might have a hard time getting business. Charge by the job, and then as you go upgrade to better, faster, equipment, and make more money for hour. Don't make it more complicated than it has to be, you'll drive yourself nuts. Plus, it is what your market can bear as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X