Bidding power washing a big deck and fence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bidding power washing a big deck and fence

Hello everyone, I'm trying to work up a decent bid for a deck and fence. What I have been doing I have bid at $0.13/sf and customer pays actual cost of cleaner/stain.

The jobs I have been doing are smaller and have gone well, happy customers and plenty of recommendations. This one is big and a bit ambitious so I thought it might be best to seek some advice from more experienced members.

The fence is 360 linear feet and 4' tall. (the easy part)

The deck details are:
    36 11' 6"x6" posts
    170 linear feet of railing
    16 steps and 2 landings = 150/sf
    deck surface = 1,020/sf

I take pride in doing the best possible work and getting enough recommendations that I don't have to advertise other than up-selling additional services to existing customers. I try to carefully consider each job and I'm sure I can do this one but I really don't know where to begin with bidding the deck, any suggestions?
    Attached Files

Your prices seem fair just remember cleaning wood takes longer then vinyl.

Comment

Your prices seem fair just remember cleaning wood takes longer then vinyl.
      Thanks, do you think $0.13 to pressure wash and another $0.13 to stain is reasonable? I would clean it and then return later after it has dried to stain it.

I have a power sprayer that I've had for a while but only used it for myself. Everything I have been doing so far is pressure washing siding. This is the first deck and the first one who wanted something stained after cleaning.

Comment

Thanks, do you think $0.13 to pressure wash and another $0.13 to stain is reasonable? I would clean it and then return later after it has dried to stain it.

I have a power sprayer that I've had for a while but only used it for myself. Everything I have been doing so far is pressure washing siding. This is the first deck and the first one who wanted something stained after cleaning.
        I dont know about staining but I believe people charge a lot more for it. The sealers and sanding is included in the price normaly. Without that I think its close to a $1 a sq ft.

I would add a few more pennies per sq ft for wood. I would say from my experience a 3000 sq ft house and 1000 sq ft deck take about the same time. If you have a surface cleaner it will speed it up a bit but with wood you have to be right on it. So your only cleaning a few inches at a time.

Comment

Do not use a surface cleaner on the deck. They cause too much damage because of the excessive pressure and the distances. You will be sanding till pigs fly. You are leaving money on the table by not charging for the products also.
          Pat

Comment

Do not use a surface cleaner on the deck. They cause too much damage because of the excessive pressure and the distances.
            What's the better way to go about this and why do surface cleaners not work so well on decks?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
            X