Sod installation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sod installation

This is my first Sod installation job and I am asking to see if there is some formula you use for creating a estimate for that. I know with plants it is normally double the plant cost. I am not sure how would be best to charge for this service.
    thanks for any help it is much appreciated!!

This is my first Sod installation job and I am asking to see if there is some formula you use for creating a estimate for that. I know with plants it is normally double the plant cost. I am not sure how would be best to charge for this service.thanks for any help it is much appreciated!!
    Hey there.
    Idk what part you're in but here in southern Colorado sod runs about .18 a sq ft wholesale. I charge 11 a sq ft for installation. That is just to lay the sod. Does not include prep work or anything else. Hope that helps

Comment

There are a lot of sod bid examples on the forum and in the blog here.

Sod bid example.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

the price of the grass= a pallet will have around 400sqf
        delivery + soil if need it+leveling+ installation+compaction

price+
        delivery+
        soil+
        leveling+
        installation+
        compaction+
        = what u should charge

Comment

Ladybug has this helped you bid the job?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

the price of the grass= a pallet will have around 400sqf
            delivery + soil if need it+leveling+ installation+compaction

price+
            delivery+
            soil+
            leveling+
            installation+
            compaction+
            = what u should charge
            sorry i forgot removal of the existing sod if there is any and dumping.

Comment

sod bid

I bid it out and still not sure if I got it or not he had a bad signal but I had to include delivery of course and I think it is new construction so I wouldnt have to remove anything and the ground should be pretty good but without seeing the job I decided 90cent sq ft. It should be enough to take care of expenses and hire some labor help. Still make a few dollars for me and the business. WE SHALL SEE> It seems to be very labor intensive repititious work so 8 pallets of it although can be done by one person if I hire some out we will get it done faster.
              THANK YA'LL for the HELP
              Ladybug

Comment

I bid it out and still not sure if I got it or not he had a bad signal
                Can you call back to see if they have any further questions on your bid and if not, when you can get started?

Comment

Working...
                X