35 cypress trees...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35 cypress trees...

So I got a call today from a buddy that has 35 cypress trees that he just bought at a really good price ($7 a piece). The trees are in 6.5 gallon containers. He already has exactly where he wants them marked. He is also having a load of top soil brought in and I will have access to his tractor for the topsoil. I just have no idea what to charge!?

I will be digging about a foot and half - 2 foot down and then the same for the width.

I am going to be renting an auger or a dingie with the auger attachment. Depends on price. I was thinking around $400?

Thanks!
    sigpic
    http://www.amsoil.com/index.aspx?zo=5135190

I dunno, but his big savings on the trees means he has more to give to you.

In theory.

Comment

What's your view on how long it would take per tree to dig and plant?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Well I quoted the guy $650 for the job. That was with me supplying fertilizer for the trees when I planted them.

I figured 35 holes, each hole taking at least 10-15 mins.

Quoted the guy and he declined. Decided to do it himself. He got a few quotes and said they were all out of his price range.
        sigpic

Comment

When he gets six holes dug and calls you back, make sure to double the price.

Comment

I am going to be renting an auger or a dingie with the auger attachment.
            So at 15 minutes per hole, that would be between 8 - 9 hours to dig them all? Did you price how much the hole digger would cost to rent for that time?

How long were you estimating the entire job to take, including planting?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Yep I could get a 12" auger for about $60 for the weekend if I picked it up between 2-3pm on friday. I was going to do the job on saturday. I was also going to have another guy with me so I figured between $75-100 for the day. So expense wise I would have about $200-300. I thought $650 was a pretty fair price. I talked to a few others that do this kind of stuff and was told $1000 minumum.
              sigpic

Comment

Well you still might be getting a call back from this home owner, that's a big project.

Comment

Working...
                X