big big clean up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big big clean up

In the morning I am doing a $1,000 bid clean up. There is ivy on fences that needs to get cut back, poisin ivy in english ivy to be pulled and a overgrown area about 100ft by 50ft that all thicket and ivy (i expect my kombi weed eater to be retired after knocking it down) I plan to use a machete on whatever the kombi cant cut. I will put before and after pictures tomorrow. Oh and best thing is that all this crap has to be carried to the dump
    I expect it to take most of the day with 2 really good workers i know and me going back and forth to the dump with the s10 and 6x8 trailer (2ft sides)
    Any advice here for me??

get a bigger truck..... Just busting your balls but it would help.

Comment

get a bigger truck..... Just busting your balls but it would help.
      yes, actually I am looking to trade my s10 and all the money I am making on this job is going to the "bigger truck fund" I would really like a f250 something around that size but a 1500/ f150 is atleast better. i am hoping to get the truck and a 7x14 tandem axle trailer soon in life so I can get more done with less trips

Comment

Rent a truck. You should be able to rent a small dump truck for less than running back and forth,a nd hiring extra help. One guy helper, you and dump truck

Comment

I went from a S10 to f350 dually mason dump to a chevy 2500 and whatever I buy tomorrow. I'm looking at the 2002 f350s, the last year they made the 7.3

I would say nothing beats the dump for hauling and towing but even just a fullsize truck made a big difference compared to the s10. I actually get the same mpg with the 5.3 as I did with the 4.3. That little truck just couldnt take the workload.

Comment

Alot of people say 1500s are not good for working. I think they are great as long as you know your limits. I have towed a bobcat 743 a kubota L series. As longs as you have electric breaks a1500 is great.

Comment

Keep us posted on how long this takes you and I am looking forwards to seeing your before and after pictures.
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Alot of people say 1500s are not good for working. I think they are great as long as you know your limits. I have towed a bobcat 743 a kubota L series. As longs as you have electric breaks a1500 is great.
                problem is not pulling it's the load in it. I just got a dump and wow it's nice having 4 yards of mulch with no problems. And dumping yard waste takes a min.

Comment

POISON IVY?!!!

Mmmmm... no thanks, I'd pass!

Comment

My pictures are too large to upload... what is everyone using to scale their photos?? I am pretty computer illiterate btw

Comment

You can use www.photobucket.com to host your pictures, the size will be automatically adjusted.

Comment

You can also use one of your graphics programs to resize the picture to make it a little smaller and then post it.
                        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

did u finish the job yes or not
                          still waiting for the pics

Comment

yeah i cant seem to upload them as i took very high resolution photos i am waiting to go to a friends with better internet connect than my dsl and try there.. i got a nice case of poison ivy on my arms though! and i broke a fence! lovely!

Comment

Why would anyone in their right mind go with ford. Seems to me that you're better off sticking to the s10 with multiple trips than paying for a ford. Fkr Only Runs Downhill

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X