Bid for Forest Clean Up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bid for Forest Clean Up?

I have a guy who has around 9,000 sq ft of forestry in the back of his property that wants all weeds removed and cleaned up. I am not sure how to go about bidding this, The only equipment I own that could do this job is a walk-behind weed eater.

I do not want to charge by the hour, only because I feel it is not very professional and I do not even know how many hours this would take. I was thinking charging by the total square feet of the area, but if anyone has any better ideas, or has experience with a job similar to this, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Also, does anyone recommend any equipment I should rent that would make this job faster or easier?

Thanks

Forest Weed Eating (Before).JPG Forest Weed Eating 2 (Before).JPG

I think your weedeater might be over matched.

I would get a walk behind brush cutter ($125 a day) or a bobcat with a brush cutter attachment ($450 a day).

Comment

I agree. You'll also want to designate a burn pile if possible and walk the grounds and pick up whatever you can before going in. I would cut at the highest setting the first pass. Then you should be able to see all that you missed picking up before taking it down a little lower.
      Don't Keep Replacing Lawn Sprinkler Heads
      Protect them with "Sprinkler Buddy"
      CLICK HERE > http://www.sprinklerbuddy.com

Comment

Belt driven walk behind is what I use for things like that. A cheap old snapper rider would work too. Hard part isn't knocking it down, it is cleaning up the mess.
        Evansville Lawn Mowing
        Newburgh Lawn Care

Comment

Thanks guys, much appreciated. What would you charge for a job like that?

Comment

I do not want to charge by the hour, only because I feel it is not very professional and I do not even know how many hours this would take.
            I think the home owner would understand this is not a normal request and you have no idea on how long it would take. Bidding it by the hour is the best bet for both of you.

For you, it makes sure you don't underbid it, which is more than likely what will happen.

For the home owner, they can stop the service at any time and are have an ability to check on you as you go to see if they are happy with your performance.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

That makes a lot of sense, thank you guys for your help.

Comment

I agree w/ steve

if you get the job, make sure to post before/after pics! These will look great for marketing...

Comment

Working...
                X