Stump removal of a shrub/bush - twisted up, cut low

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stump removal of a shrub/bush - twisted up, cut low

I have a potential cx who called about removing a stump from an old bush.

it's a 3 x 3 area, and the stump is cut low. however, that fkr's in there deep and secure.

i am thinking of bidding it at 100.00, but thought i'd ask you top guys what you might charge.

also, other than a shovel, what would make the job easier? i have done stump removal when working for other guys, and it's back-breaking work. any tips to make it easier are appreciated. she wants it out ASAP.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=336810496393655

How wide is the trunk of the stump?

This is a hard job to do and bid. Its a you never know. I removed some in 20 mins, others 3 hours. Youll want to shoot high your back will thank you for it.

The way I do it is pick axe the ground to loosen it up and chop roots. Then dig around. Then ill use a winch or comalong to rip it out of the ground. If you dont have either you could try a chain connected to your truck.

Comment

How wide is the trunk of the stump?

This is a hard job to do and bid. Its a you never know. I removed some in 20 mins, others 3 hours. Youll want to shoot high your back will thank you for it.

The way I do it is pick axe the ground to loosen it up and chop roots. Then dig around. Then ill use a winch or comalong to rip it out of the ground. If you dont have either you could try a chain connected to your truck.
      If you do this make sure you put a blanket or something on the cable or chain so if it snaps it wont fly as far and reduces the risk of damage to anything not to mention its safer for you. I would see if you can rent a walk behind stump grinder I have rented them before they work great for small stumps. I would bid it at atleast $150-$200 with out equipment, with equipment I would bid $300-$400 and try to get her to do some more stumps

Comment

Have you considered renting a small stump grinder from home depot. Grind it down below grade and then cover it up. Would probably take less than an hour in total and you wouldn't have to be worry about pulling it and causing any damage to anything.

Keep us posted on what you decide to do.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

What was planted there? There are all kind of stumps / root systems. I'd hit it with a pick ax, and do the chain / tow strap route with a truck. Saves you the hassle of goin to pick up a rental, and saves you some money.

Comment

Working...
          X