Digging out walkway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digging out walkway

I have these customers that I did a leaf clean up for back about a month ago, and want me to do some extra work. They have this walkway that is about 3 feet wide and 200 feet deep that they have filled with mulch over the years and it needs to be dug out so they can put more mulch in. They think it would be quicker for me to use a bobcat to dig it out, but I've never used a bobcat before. I don't want to "test drive" a rental equipment like that for the first time on someone's property other than mine. I'm thinking it would be easier to just dig it out by hand, which would take a hell of a lot longer. Does anyone know what to charge for this? Any advice?

How long are you thinking it would take you to perform?

Do you know how deep it is? Can you calculate how much mulch you would be removing?

Then, how would you dispose of it and what kind of costs would be associated with that?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I did that one time, the client refused to take down a part of his fence, so it was all manual labor on my part. Took me 1000 years to get done juggling lawn maint and odd jobs.

If you can't do it the efficient way, don't get your hopes up unless you really need this job. I can't imagine any amount of money (that the client would be willing to pay) being worth your time there, but I suppose you can can always try!

Comment

How long are you thinking it would take you to perform?

Do you know how deep it is? Can you calculate how much mulch you would be removing?

Then, how would you dispose of it and what kind of costs would be associated with that?
        The last time I was there, which was about 1 month ago, it was maybe 6-8 inches deep. I am thinking it would take me about 3 days to dig and at 200 bucks a day, so I was thinking about 600.00 for the job, just for the removal of the stuff. As far as disposal, they would have me level off some of the surrounding grounds with it, is what they told me, so no dumping or traveling.

Comment

Well that sounds like you thought it out. Have you placed your bid yet? Keep us posted on how this goes and take some pictures too.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
          X