Mulch Job Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mulch Job Today

Mulch job I did today pictures are a little blurry but good enough to get the point. Also I took them before I blew off the rocks but it was an amazing backyard. Put 5 yards of mulch in took about 7 hours by myself. Did the front yard in about 2 hours but mulching around the the flowers in the back took forever.

Attached Files

looks great! I always throw in a free mow when I do a mulch job, It gets the grass off the bed edges and makes my yard sign look a hell of a lot better when the job is complete

Comment

looks great! I always throw in a free mow when I do a mulch job, It gets the grass off the bed edges and makes my yard sign look a hell of a lot better when the job is complete
      Great idea! I think i will have to steal that idea from you from now on

Comment

I should say... if the yard is a reasonable size... If its gonna take you an hr & half then F that lol . Best of luck.

Comment

haha thanks..true that

Comment

That is a very nice job!

Do you feel you learned any lessons from this job? How did your estimated time and the actual time it took to complete compare with each other?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I definitely learned how much longer it takes to mulch in beds where there are already a lot of flowers and plants in them. The bigger beds with a tree and a couple of bushes were much easier than the beds where I would have to take a fork full of mulch and carefully walk to the back of a flower bed. I gave myself the day to do it since it was just myself and I'm glad I allotted myself the extra time. What I didn't account for was the extra mulch clean up time. The customer wanted the extra mulch put in contractor bags which i ended up with 4.5 contractors bags of extra mulch (3 of which i took). I also cleaned up the street real nice with the blowers then broom where the mulch was dumped. The nicest part was there was no prep work...actually getting paid was the nicest part but the customer edged out the beds very nicely and they were all weeded! Laid the mulch about 3-4 inches in most areas with a few exceptions.

Comment

Did the front yard in about 2 hours
                How many yards of mulch were installed in the front?

Do you think if you were to do a similar job in the near future you would do it differently at all or be able to do it fast or no?
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

It was about 3 in the front..more than half the pile. I think speed will just come with time the more i do it the more efficient i will become. I'll pick up on the small things i guess that help cut down the time.

Comment

I've never done a mulch job before. Do you just let the old mulch decompose and just lay the new on top? Do you normally lay down the fabric over the old mulch and place new on top?

Comment

I just lay the mulch on top over the old mulch 3-4 inches deep. you want to make sure the beds are prepped tho which means getting the weeds edging up the beds so they look nice, I only put the landscape fabric down if the customer asks me to. As far as laying the fabric over the old mulch i think that would be the best solution instead of taking the time and effort to remove the old much and then dispose of it.

Comment

I bet you could get a lot of different answers on this but it probably will come down to a judgement call. I wouldn't put fabric on top of old mulch. Some might remove the old mulch and some might not depending on how much time they want to spend doing it and how much they bid the job.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X