Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie, Wounder how people charge for Plowing/ snow?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie, Wounder how people charge for Plowing/ snow?

I am a newbie that has been getting a lot of questions from customers if I plow and what I charge. I did just buy a plow truck but am not really sure how to do a quote. I have asked some what they were paying and I feel it is a decent rate. Most are paying $25 a push with out any shoveling.

What do you guys charge and how do you justify it, amount of show/ times per storm?

I am in Northern Ohio.

Comment

Here is what I do. I charge per storm must sign up and get plowed every time 2" or more
      Plow average-length one car width drive: $25
      Plow average-length two car width drive: $30

add on's
      Clearing in front of garage $10
      Clearing and moving car: $15 per car
      Shoveling walkway: $10 each, 10 feet or less
      Sidewalk: $40, 40 feet or less

All prices subject to change and may vary because of snow type (wet snow, ice, etc.) or build-up from prior storms.

Comment

Here is what I do. I charge per storm must sign up and get plowed every time 2" or more
        Very interesting! How did you do it when you first got started and did anything learning lessons make you change that policy?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

its May ,why would anybody care about snow prices now ?

Comment

add on's
            Clearing in front of garage $10
            Clearing and moving car: $15 per car
            Shoveling walkway: $10 each, 10 feet or less
            Sidewalk: $40, 40 feet or less

All prices subject to change and may vary because of snow type (wet snow, ice, etc.) or build-up from prior storms.
            Thanks for the info this helps me get a ground of different costs and what services you should break up.

Comment

its May ,why would anybody care about snow prices now ?
              The challenge of owning a business is always being prepared. Well I have gotten enough clients for the summer and now am starting to get my advertisement and flyers ready for winter. I don't want to fail and I won't.

Comment

Are you getting customers signed up for snow plowing yet? Or are you going to possibly include that service in your annual contracts?
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X