how much to charge?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much to charge?

Heya, a guy called me because he as a job for me to do. He wants me to demp 50 bags of soil on his land to level it. He also wants me to put grass seeds on his land. He has a 10000ft square land. I dont know how much to charge. I would do the whole work by myself on a rainy day since he wants the work to be done in the rain. He already has all that is needed to do the work. Any suggestion?

Thank you...

So that is 50 bags of 40lbs topsoil? Would it be better to have it just delivered and dumped, then you spread it out?

What will you be using to level it? 10,000 sq ft is close to a 1/4 acre.

He already has all that is needed to do the work.
    Meaning equipment or supplies? And what would this include?

How much grass seed will you be using? A 50lb bag?

How long are you thinking the job will take you?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Finally I will be doing the work with a friend. We have to spread the bags of top soil on the land and then level the ground with a rake. Its okay I figured out how much I will charge. Thank you for the help! =P

Comment

Heya, a guy called me because he as a job for me to do. He wants me to demp 50 bags of soil on his land to level it. He also wants me to put grass seeds on his land. He has a 10000ft square land. I dont know how much to charge. I would do the whole work by myself on a rainy day since he wants the work to be done in the rain. He already has all that is needed to do the work. Any suggestion?

Thank you...

Seriously?

Whatever you've decided on charging, it's not enough.

Comment

I would charge by the hour for this job under the presented conditions,probably in the $50.00 per man hour range .

Comment

Its okay I figured out how much I will charge.
            How many man hours did you figure to do this? Keep us posted on this job, it should be a great learning experience.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

How many man hours did you figure to do this? Keep us posted on this job, it should be a great learning experience.
              It took around 4hours to complete the job. Overall did not make the maximum profit I could of made but, like Steve said: It was a great learning experience. It was the first big job I ever did seeing as I just started my landscaping bussiness.

Comment

Ok now that you have been through it, how do you feel you would have bid it differently ths time around?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X