Help on new job bid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on new job bid

Omay guys so I got a client ti hire me to remove 2 trees from her yard and now she is talking about putting in a 8x15 concrete patio with steps coming down the middle. I have never done anything like this myself only driveway work. What should I do? Should I go balls deep and figure up the cost then add labor or what Im sorta lost on this one. Any help would be great. this customer is awesome. I just graded a 24x24 area for mini playground. and those trees will pay nice. I just want to make a great job and her to be happy to spread the word. thanks guys all opinions appreciated.

Do you think you can handle the porch? When I get called for a job if I do not have the expierence, or dont have a employee with the expierence. I would be honest with the customer. I have told customers I did not have expierence with that type of work and they were happy I was honest with them, rather than wasting their time and money. I have been referenced by customers because of me being honest.

Comment

Could you subcontract it out and watch and maybe help the guys that do it to learn from the experience?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Hey that is a great idea steve. I am familiar with concrete work just never a patio. How would a guy go about subcontracting this out also how would that effect my bid? Thanks again guys. By the way I am always honest with my customers that is what i pride my company on. I definitely have no intentions to pretend tbat i am a patio guru.lol in fact she knows I am just taking this business off the ground.

Comment

Do you know any local landscapers that also do hardscapes? Or even a mason? If you do, that size concrete patio, shouldn't be tough at all.

You could call them to bid on in and then just pass that cost onto the customer or just have the customer pay them. This being your first time, you can really learn a lot from the experience and once you see how it is done, you could do it yourself in the future.

Make sure you take some before, during and after pics for your marketing material because you just may want to promote this later.

Keep us posted.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
          X