30 cedar hedges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 cedar hedges

Any help with bidding on a job involving installing 30 - 4ft cedar hedges? The ground is soft & should be easy to dig. I can get the hedges for about $8 a piece.
    Thanks,

How are you planning on digging out the holes? How long are you expecting each one to take you and how long to plant them?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I'm planning on digging each hole, soaking them, covering & giving bone meal. approx 15 minutes each tree I imagine.

Comment

So,

$8 for a bush....

now add your costs.

your costs include licenses, insurance, equipment repair, equipment rental, rent for any property your leasing, renting or buying, now add in taxes, local, state and federal, then add in any workman's comp if you fall under that law. Most states don't require it if the owner is the only worker. There are a few other things you might need to add such as health insurance, vehicle insurance if your insurance company requires it if you're using your vehicle for commercial use electricity, ink for your printer, internet, and any other charges, but that is different from business to business. Once you get the costs for running your business up, then add in what kind of profit you want to make, then add that to your labor.

so basically it's $8+X/workable hours in a season/year+profit margin= what you charge for the job

X= the paragraph i wrote.

solve for X.

Comment

Here. I posted this a while back, but it may be of some help.

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthrea...ght=arborvitae

Good luck with your bid!

Comment

solve for X.
            Correct, accurate and perfect business practice. Give this gentleman a cigar and a shot, if that's what he likes.

Cheers - OziGardenGuy.
            sigpic www.mygardenguy.com.au Lawn mowing, lawn care and gardening services on Sydney's North Shore.

Comment

Also, are you offering any kind of guarantee on the plants? That will effect price too.
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
              X