No announcement yet.

Help Pricing A Job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Success! The customer loved the job I did, and had no problem with the charge. I also got a case of Canadian, so I am all smiles.

TY very much all! and to you Steve for this website. I am gonna really enjoy reading all the posts and leaning from everyone on your forum!

Comment

Buddy It has taken you an awfull long time to do that job, To long to be profitable. I would have bid that same job here in Fl for around 450.00 and been done in a day. My advice to you is take on smaller jobs till you learn the ropes. Just charge your customer 100.00 per day and I think you will be fine, Also get a buddy to help you on jobs of that size and pay him fair... its funny how a helping hand makes you more money. TIME IS MONEY!!
      Most of us learn as we go....Keep your head up
      If you can't be good..Be good at it!

Comment

What do you feel might have been a more realistic hour number for you?
        Cant really say without seeing the job but first I wouldve brought a helper. Once fatigue sets in, efficiency drops. When your more experienced you can do things faster. The right tools always helps too.

With removing shrubs, you can dig a little around the base then put a comealong on it and rip it out of the ground. You could also use a tow chain and back it out with a truck. I did this with tree stumps. Another option is a sawzall on the roots.

They delivered bag mulch? That explains the cost. Never buy bag mulch/soil unless you only need 2-3 bags. The mulch being bagged shouldve increased productivity since you dont have to shovel.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X