HOA's bid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOA's bid

Got a Call to do a HOA estimate tomorrow and I have never done one before any tips or suggestions would be appreciated at this time .
    ITs just the common area but may be able to pick up a few of the Home owners if I am there already

Attached Files
    Chris Hoeltke
    serving Winchester Virginia and surrounding areas
    C&S Lawn Service

The common area meaning what?
    http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

The part behind the houses but not the yard of the house from what she said on the phone will know more when i head there tomorrow with the camera.
      I will be walking it with the HOA President
      Chris Hoeltke
      serving Winchester Virginia and surrounding areas
      C&S Lawn Service

Comment

Very neat! Give us the low down how the walk through goes.

How much area will need to be mowed, trimmed, etc

How long you are estimating it will take.

Also, who takes care of each home? Is it up to the home owner? Can you market to them if you land this job?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

man HOA can be the biggest pain in the a$$, ask what happened to the last guy? Ask what they would where they would like to see improvements. You need a strong contact, they will ask you to do all kinds of stuff out side of your contact.

Comment

you just need to submit a detailed contract covering all the bases of what will be done and what will not be done includeing the prices for the work proposed as well as rates for additional work.

also, don't give them the brother in law discount thinking it will lead to getting more because if thats all the common area then you won't be getting anymore and as long as you do a great job at a resonable price the home owners will take notice and hire you so you don't need to pander to them for those customers.

outside of that you just need your ducks in a row like the insurances and display a professional image and it will all be good.

but i assume you allready now that, good luck and let us know how you made out.

Comment

We bid on lot of HOA's and things are getting really weird. We're generally the middle priced bidder and I was told on the last one we just bid on that the other bids were coming in at $11.35 to $17.07 per labor hour. I can't believe that anyone is bidding at these prices. You have to carry gen. liab. ins., worker's comp, auto ins. and be licensed to do HOA work. So, be prepared to have everything in order and they're looking at ridiculously low bids now.
              Last edited by sonoranoasis; 03-19-2012, 06:38 PM. Reason: Don't need the picture from the original post

Comment

Were these bids placed at locations where they check for proof of insurance?
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Yes, proof of gen. liab., auto & worker's comp insurance is required. Also, contractor's license proof.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X