Pressure washing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure washing

In the past week I've had 3 of my customers ask about pressure washing there drive way
    side walks etc. I currently do not have the equipment to perform these task. I priced out the equipment that I will need and it will be around 1100.00 for a 4gpm 4000psi and surface cleaner. My customers said they rather have me perform all of there task around there home. So should I start offering this service and trying to up sell it to my current customers? My thing is I don't want to spend that money just to make 800.00 dollars back. And still be a couple hundred short of my investment.

Why do you think you need 4gpm 4k p.s.i that is alot of power that you my not need and may damagewhat your working on. I have this power washer for the last two years. The wheels and frame are big and the engine says "Briggs & Stratton Professional Series" on top. $300 is a great first power washer and a good backup if you start doing it all the time.

Comment

because if you have a washer less than 4 gpm then you will probably take twice as long to complete the task. PSI is not what you need, it is gpm to move the dirt.

There are 2 ways that you can do this.

1. Tell them that you can do everything half assed and do it all. Then you go and rent the pressure washer and surface cleaner at sunbelt.

2. Tell them you would be glad to do this for them but you would prefer to bring in someone that is a professional and will get the job done correctly without damaging the concrete. Then you need to sub the work out to them.
      Pat

Comment

For a surface cleaner I've been told you need a minimum of a 4gpm pressure washer. And the cheapest one I've found is about 875 plus the surface cleaner 20 inch

Comment

Some food for thought as we do around 100 pressure washing jobs a year, although in a city most of our work is the area around the city, the vast majority are on wells, if you are using 4 GPM you are going to really tax the well, I use John Deere Commercial units that run 2.8 GPM, never an issue removing anything we need to.

The tips are what can do the damage not so much the pressure, just make sure you use the right tip for the job.

As for a solution, we use Simple Green and I give it glowing marks.
          Andy
          Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

I go with GPM over PSI. I have a commercial washer 2800 psi 3.5 gpm that will smoke my residential 2700 psi 2.1 gpm washer. There both made by the same brand and both have honda engines. The difference is all in the pump. I was renting the above unit when it was to much for the other then just went and bought it.

Comment

Working...
            X