No announcement yet.

Cheapest rate you charge?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 bucks for 400 sq ft takes 5 min. i lay the sod the lady ask me how much to mow, she always makes me ginger bread and banana bread + she makes me LMAO shes 75 i look forward to see her at the end off my day.

Comment

i have a townhouse, no front yard, only a 14'x14' back yard. i charge 25 bucks! i'm trying to get the other 15 in the complex.
      Here's the smallest "lawn" I cut...

I can't find the pic I took from a distance, so here's a shot of the other side of the sidewalk...

Since last season, I decided I would not cut anything for less than $25, so that's what I quoted them, and they said "OK".

I can't believe someone would pay $25 to have that little patch of grass cut.
      It takes 10 (or was it 12?) minutes from the time I turn off the ignition, to the time I load the mower, trimmer, and blower. It's also right along my route between two existing clients.

Comment

Here's the smallest "lawn" I cut...

I can't find the pic I took from a distance, so here's a shot of the other side of the sidewalk...

Since last season, I decided I would not cut anything for less than $25, so that's what I quoted them, and they said "OK".

I can't believe someone would pay $25 to have that little patch of grass cut.
        It takes 10 (or was it 12?) minutes from the time I turn off the ignition, to the time I load the mower, trimmer, and blower. It's also right along my route between two existing clients.
        it does not really matter how small it is because every business needs a minimum in place because it is not just the actual time to cut it because you still have to drive there and there is also the long term wear factor on the equipment and the truck.

$25.00 is a very reasonable minimum rate in the lawn industry regardless of what state you live in and is about the bottom of the pay scale your business should offer for any of it's services.

in the early years i had small little places like that and i got 25.00 for them then when gas was $1.05 per gallon and insurance cost as much as 4 cartons of cigarettes today.

little places like that are nice when you got a ton in a row and if you did 6 per hour you would be pulling a 150.00 per hour, not bad.

Comment

My smallest yard.

This house is about a one minute drive from me. I also cut a neighbor two houses down. I park in this driveway and my guy takes a mower to the other house via sidewalk. After I finish up I go over there and blow off the walks. It takes about 15 mins for both houses from pull up to pull out and I charge $55.

Comment

Working...
          X