No announcement yet.

Cheapest rate you charge?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose it depends on how much cleavage the homeowner is willing to show. The price can go right down to zero.
    Ugh. I got bit by that on a few occasions.

Comment

Hedgemaster

"That's what I was getting at earlier in that there are so many variables between each person that there is no "one" answer that is right for everyone."

This is where you are dead wrong. EVERYONE has to sit down with their calculator and find out what their business operating expenses, preferably to the nickle per hour. Then you add in your desired profit margin to that number.
      Apparently, not a single poster on this thread knows that number. You CANNOT mow a lawn for $15 under any circumstances. Know your numbers now, or find out the hard way later on, which will be very painful for you.

Comment

Well I will put my two cents in I have 3 accounts that pay 70.00 a month but here in flordia I bust my butt in the summer but the winter I may only cut that yard 1 time a month if that. So I work hard for 7-8 months but 4 or 5 months I'm hardly working and still getting that 70.00 so over the course of the year it works out. Those 3 accounts are front yard only.

Comment

One day, I'm going to run a $1 lawn service and run you all out of business.

Me and my Mexican army.

Comment

Hedgemaster

"That's what I was getting at earlier in that there are so many variables between each person that there is no "one" answer that is right for everyone."

This is where you are dead wrong. EVERYONE has to sit down with their calculator and find out what their business operating expenses, preferably to the nickle per hour. Then you add in your desired profit margin to that number.
            Apparently, not a single poster on this thread knows that number. You CANNOT mow a lawn for $15 under any circumstances. Know your numbers now, or find out the hard way later on, which will be very painful for you.
            Also, this applies to any price that is set - not just "$15".

You can be "demanding" $35 as a "minimum" and still be screwing yourself.

Comment

Cheese

When you start your new business for $1.00, could you please put me on your customer list. LOL

Comment

well right now is only me a 1 man crew with all my equipment paid for. I don't have or need $4000-$10,000 zero. So yes I will take $900 a week for 3days of work and be home for dinner. and I guess I will get my 150 customers this year because of guys out there want to charge 30,40,50 bucks for a 15 -20 minute job. I can mow let's just say 5 lawns in a hour because they a next door that's $75 per hour give or take and I did not move my truck, and if I paid a helper $15 per hour I still made $60per hour. In my area near ( DC) that good money. but I get your point if you're mower breaks down you have to pay hundreds of dollars to get it fixed. Mine breaks I pay 50-100 or just buy a new one. Billing is easy I email them their invoice and they mail a check or pay via paypal easy or just pay cash.

Leon
                Can You Envision the Possibilities.....We Can!
                Can You Envision the Possibilities... We Can!
                www.Envisionlawn.com
                1-888-412-LAWN

Comment

Leon just thinking out loud but what would happen if you charged $19.95
                  150x15= 2250.00
                  150x19.95= 2992.50
                  100x19.95= 1995.00

and are you billing weekly thats alot of checks is your bank charging you for that many. Who pays the paypal fees?

Comment

Hedgemaster

speak for yourself buddy boy i know my operating cost per hour down to the penny. $139.14

Comment

speak for yourself buddy boy i know my operating cost per hour down to the penny. $139.14
                      Gas just went up $0.02 today make that $139.18 LOL

how many hours a week is that. week per year.

Comment

WOW what overhead you have.

My operating costs ar 12.87 per hour, however this is going up due the damn gas prices.

My rate is 35 per hour for me, 50 per hour with one helper, 70 per hour with two helpers. (Mowing)

Landscapeing is about double.

Comment

steve you only charge $15 an hour for a helper? so you don't pay tax or workmens comp? It would cost me about $18 an hour to pay $12 and have to pay them well moving job to job

Comment

WOW what overhead you have.

My operating costs ar 12.87 per hour, however this is going up due the damn gas prices.

My rate is 35 per hour for me, 50 per hour with one helper, 70 per hour with two helpers. (Mowing)

Landscapeing is about double.

i have 6 men with all the fixings of high end commercial equipment and i am doing large commercial properties.
                            lets just say i am doing it on a slightly larger scale.

my costs are really no different then anyone else that is legit and like i said it is just on a larger scale.

Comment

dpid
                              Wasn't directed at you per say. However, apparently you do not know your cost. 138 per hour. Get real. Did you mean 13.80 per hour?

Comment

dpid

Ok, I see that is for a 6 man crew. that is 23 per man hour.
                                Seems high, but I think I get it now.

Comment

Working...
                                X