help with snow estimate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with snow estimate

i was looking at putting a bid in on this property and was looking for some help on pricing, property is all plowing no shoveling and no ice management, they also have someone else truck the snow off the property, so all this is for is plowing.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DJSOUTDOORSERVICES; 02-23-2012, 09:28 PM. Reason: error in typing

You plan on getting more snow? I already took my plows off the trucks.

This late in the year I would worry why there hiring someone now. Did they not pay and the last guy stopped showing?

Comment

if you had no cars in the lot,it would be 4 or 5 passes through the lot with a plow ,wouldnt take 5 minutes normally ,and if your seriously looking to pick this job up ,offer them free plowing for the rest of the season in return for a signed contract for next season at $75.00 per plow .You shouldnt have to go out more than once or twice this year [thinking not at all in all honesty] .

Comment

the lot is at my part time job and my boss said he would hire me for the upcoming winter season

Comment

My plow is off my truck at this time too, but it only take 2 minutes to hook back up

Comment

Well its so small it shouldnt matter if you underbid it. Youll probably spend more time driving there and back then plowing. I could see $75 being fair.

Make sure you have a contract that puts slip and falls on the owner. I always put a waiver in a contract if salting is declined. You still might get sued being the contractor but you have a better chance.

Comment

heres a copy of my snow removal contract.
              Attached Files

Comment

DJ,

How long were you thinking this job would take you?
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

im thinking about 15 minutes 20 max

Comment

Do you have an hourly rate you are trying to shoot for with your snow removal services?
                    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

well i figured out with the overhead that i should be charging around 34 dollars an hour but thats before the truck and the plow get factored into the mix.

Comment

Just keep in mind you only have manybe 24 hours to make money off a snow storm. I charge time and a half for storm clean up aka "overtime". I dont bill by the time but it helps when thinking about the estimate. Don't know if that helps

Comment

well i figured out with the overhead that i should be charging around 34 dollars an hour but thats before the truck and the plow get factored into the mix.
                          Ah yes, you are bringing up some very good points here. Now how much extra do you think those expenses add to your operational expenses?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X