Annuals by the Sq Ft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annuals by the Sq Ft?

Does anyone charge per sq ft for Annual Installations? I have to put together a bid for a commercial property and the property manager asked to for Annuals for May, Mums for Sept, and Pansies for Oct.
    And aside from that they also asked for Bulbs by the sq ft.
    I do them all the time but not by the sq ft, usually by the pot or flat (depending on the service area). Just wondering what everyone else thinks. I never took notice how many sq ft our annuals covered so now I gotta do some math.

Well, I'd figure there will be some kind of minimum price that would include showing up. Once you got there, the additional sq ft of planting would probably cost you less.

Once you knew how many sq ft, you could figure how long it would take you to plant and add in your fuel costs to show up. Then divide it by the total sq ft for a cost per sq ft.

Would that do it? Do you have any idea how many sq ft of flowers you can plant in a specific time frame?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Yea i dont know what I am going to do, I got soo many guestimates on how many flats cover a sq ft... its soo variable. I am still working on the pricing but I would prefer to charge per flat not per sq ft. You can have a sq ft thats jam packed with annuals or one that is spaced out, and the other thing is that they need to be able to grow and spread. Major pain in the ***, since the current landscaper already knows how many flats, and knows how much to charge it might be tough for me to win this contract.

Comment

This year, if you find yourself planting a bunch of flowers, keep track of the time it takes to perform different jobs and then you can use that to help yourself further estimate such jobs.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
        X