My Second Bid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Second Bid

Looks like this Chamber of Commerce stuff might be working out for me! A lady there said she'd like me to give her an estimate on how much I would charge to knock down overgrown weeds.

She estimates it's about two-thirds of an acre, mostly flat, with a slight slope.
    Her neighbor has a tractor/disc they've been using, but rocks on the land have been causing problems. I'm the guy for the job!
    She's a fellow member of the COC with me, and her neighbors might need my services, too. I told her this is exactly the kind of work I do, and I definitely want to do the job for her. She took my card and will have me come out for a look at the property next week.

I just want to make sure I bid a good amount. It will be easier than my first bid, since it's just cutting, no hauling. It's a large area, but I can tear through it pretty well. I have in mind to tell her I'll be flexible, and willing to work with what she has allotted. I think I can get it done in about eight hours, including time out to refill my tank, wipe my brow, drink water, etc. At $50.00/hr, I'm thinking about $400. What do you think?
    Thanks

Cant really say with no pictures. How about something like $75 for the first hour and $50 a hour after? Tell her you can do it 5-8 hours. That way you dont under or overcharge.

Comment

Not a bad idea, $75 for the first hour and $50 thereafter...I can't wait to see the place, and will post a pic for sure. Years ago, I did a property that was about 2/3 of an acre, with pretty steep slopes, divided up into sections, and I got $600 for it. The description she gave me sounded much more flat with a slight grade. We'll see.
      Thanks Sect!

Comment

I think 75 first and 50 each after is right for full price. that being said you may want to run a sale for a little. Maybe $20 off per hour until you get some jobs done and can show some before and after pic's. People love coupons and this would make a great one.

Comment

This should be really interesting to see what it looks like.

With such larger sized jobs, it does make you wonder when you are going to have to scale up your equipment.

- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

True, Steve. Gotta get some revenue first though. I think I can handle a lot about 2/3 of an acre pretty well with what I got, although I'll come home very sweaty, sore, and covered with weed guts lol.

Comment

Keep us posted on how it goes! Take some before and after pics too.
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X