Factory Grass Cutting Bid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Grass Cutting Bid

I have had a manufacting plant call me today and ask to give them a price on mainitain their grass. Cut it every 10 days. Just basic cut and trim, it is all straight fields.

I am looking at purchasing a new mower so this just may be my excuse.

http://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/LlBqN6fBH_
    Attached Files

That's awesome it's so exciting to get commercial jobs. What are you bidding the job at?

Curtis Michael
    President
    The Grounds Crew
    (425) 765-2638
    www.thegroundscrewllc.com

Comment

That's awesome it's so exciting to get commercial jobs. What are you bidding the job at?
      I was hoping to get some assistance here. I have never done a property this large.

Comment

Clay,

Break down this job for us.

How big is the area you are going to be mowing? Sqft?

How many linear feet of trimming will you be doing?

What size mower will you be using to perform this?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Clay,

Break down this job for us.

How big is the area you are going to be mowing? Sqft?

How many linear feet of trimming will you be doing?

What size mower will you be using to perform this?
          If I had to say, the property is proably about 12 acres.
          Trimming is very minimal, just around the building, but it is a large biulding.
          If I were to get this job, I would look into a used 60-72" mower ztr.

Comment

If I had to say, the property is proably about 12 acres.
            Trimming is very minimal, just around the building, but it is a large biulding.
            If I were to get this job, I would look into a used 60-72" mower ztr.
            i don't know how pricing is in your area but for straight up nothing special mowing in my area like that would be about 100.00 per acre and being that there are twelve acres you could knock a little off and work it around 85.00 acre.

just be carefull on the used mowers even if sold at a dealer because the hydro's are only good for 3 to 5 years depending on how hard the machine was driven and after that time frame you could get a couple years out of the hydro's or two weeks, its all a crap shoot.

and these machines today hold their value if they are still good so the savings don't justify the potential repair costs.

i know most people don't like to borrow money but if you got 2,000 to 5,000 on hand to buy a used machine you might be better off takeing a thousand dollars and put it down on a new machine and saving the rest for a rainy day.
            or buy other things you need for your business as well and get more bang for your buck.
            and at least your machine will have a warranty for a couple years to save you the trouble of any major reapirs.
            and by haveing the small payment each month it will give you another write off for taxes.

Comment

i don't know how pricing is in your area but for straight up nothing special mowing in my area like that would be about 100.00 per acre and being that there are twelve acres you could knock a little off and work it around 85.00 acre.
              Being that they want it mowed every 10 days, would you charge more per cut than if it were cut weekly due to growth that would occur during that extra time?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I measured the property today. It is right at 9 acres.

Comment

$675 is a fair price but depending on your locaiton it is going to fluctuate. What are you thinking on price?

Curtis Michael
                  President
                  The Grounds Crew
                  (425) 765-2638
                  www.thegroundscrewllc.com

Comment

Being that they want it mowed every 10 days, would you charge more per cut than if it were cut weekly due to growth that would occur during that extra time?
                    it all depends, if it were extreme conditions maybe but it seems that bagging won't be a issue so even though a 10 day cycle will provided a slightly longer grass to mow, it should not be too bad in 10 days vs 7 days.

when you think about it if you cut a lawn the same exact day every week that would be a 8 day cycle so 10 days is not to far off just enough to shave a cut off the invoice each month.

Comment

I am thinking of pricing it at $350 per cut. What do you all think?

Comment

I am thinking of pricing it at $350 per cut. What do you all think?

wow, thats seems too cheap.

like i say i don't know how much things cost down by you but by me would be around 675.00 to 900.00 for 9 acres depending on the level of the attention to detail.

38.00 per acre is way too cheap and if you commit to that number you will never be able to get what it is worth.

if it is a sealed bid and the lowest gets it thats another thing but i still would not bid it that cheap.
                        and if it is someone you are gonna sit down and discuss it with then you should come in at the 65.00 to 70.00 dollar a acre range so if he beats you up a little bit you are still ahead.

you can tell him a 100.00 per cut and he still will hem and haw about it and make it sound as though he would have liked to have spent less.
                        it is a negotiating process and when you are too high you can always drop down a tad but when you are too low you are stuck with it.

always remenber the seller goes high the buyer goes low and you bargin in between.

Comment

I was thinking anywhere from 350 to 475 but I would have never thought that high. It is just a level field. THis is not sealed bid, he has just randomly asked me. They currently pay the operations manager to sit outside and cut for 2 days.

Comment

... 65.00 to 70.00 dollar a acre range so if he beats you up a little bit you are still ahead. ...
                            That's near my price for one acre. My per cut price for 9 acres is $506 for weekly, $632 for biweekly. 10 day is somewhere between the two.

It may initially sound like it would be less expensive for them to continue allowing their Operations manager to handle it but remind them that they are taking him from his other duties for 2 full days and they also have to maintain equipment.
                            Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

That's near my price for one acre. My per cut price for 9 acres is $506 for weekly, $632 for biweekly. 10 day is somewhere between the two.

It may initially sound like it would be less expensive for them to continue allowing their Operations manager to handle it but remind them that they are taking him from his other duties for 2 full days and they also have to maintain equipment.
                              you also must take into consideration that the factory's insurance is not rated for their employees to be doing landscaping.
                              like i said it all depends on the local economy and you have to price accordingly.
                              in the end you got to do what you got to do to make a buck.

my buddy moved from jersey to bristol virgina and he got a great home on a 10 acre property at a fair price the taxes are next to nothing and everything is peachy keen.
                              but he can not find a job for more then 8.00 per hour outside of walmart.
                              but at the same time head to the far east of the state by the water and the economy is close to how it is where i live

Comment

Working...
                              X