Mea$uring wheel$

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mea$uring wheel$

looking for a measuring wheel. didn't realize they could get so pricey. checked amazon for the cheap ones, most of the reviews of measuring wheels under $30 were negative.

So if you got a measuring wheel and you use it;
    what you got? how much did it put you out? where did you get? and would you recommend the one you own?

I picked up mine at Princess Auto in their Surplus department. Its a Lufkin but all the name tags have been removed. It was on sale for $28.95.
    Works good I have checked it with a 50 foot tape and it is on withing a inch.

I like it very much. I know I have a three foot pace but it can vary so much the wheel is the accurate way to go.

Comment

The Stanley wheel is a top of the line ihho
      http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

I picked up mine at Princess Auto in their Surplus department. Its a Lufkin but all the name tags have been removed. It was on sale for $28.95.
        Works good I have checked it with a 50 foot tape and it is on withing a inch.

I like it very much. I know I have a three foot pace but it can vary so much the wheel is the accurate way to go.
        i have 2 of this same unit and they work plenty fine and are accurate enough for lanscaping.

Comment

I've got a small Lufkin. It's not great in tall grass because of the small wheel but it works. I really do want a large wheeled version soon.
          Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

pretty sure theres a smartphone app that could handle everything you need a wheel for .

Comment

looking for a measuring wheel. didn't realize they could get so pricey. checked amazon for the cheap ones, most of the reviews of measuring wheels under $30 were negative.

So if you got a measuring wheel and you use it;
              what you got? how much did it put you out? where did you get? and would you recommend the one you own?
              Home Depot had the one I use for around $50.00 12"wheel measures up to 10,000 feet and bright orange with a foldable handle for easy storage
              Chris Hoeltke
              serving Winchester Virginia and surrounding areas
              C&S Lawn Service

Comment

pretty sure theres a smartphone app that could handle everything you need a wheel for .
                do you know the name? I tried to search for it. Its worth a try.

I picked up a wheel at a yard sale for $5. After a year it stopped counting. So I do need another.

Comment

do you know the name? I tried to search for it. Its worth a try.

I picked up a wheel at a yard sale for $5. After a year it stopped counting. So I do need another.
                  yea i searched iphone apps, din't see anything decent or any app worth 99 cents that inevitably would get deleted off my phone.
                  "pretty sure" seems more like a guess... please prove me wrong bc i had bust out my 1000ft tape today for estimates.

Comment

"pretty sure" is a guess ,but my son said he was doing estimates using his iphone this past summer .He is currently on the other side of the world [australia ] but I will bug him for more info for you .I beleive its all gps based if that helps .

Comment

I did a quick google search for iphone measuring apps ,there is a whole bunch of them .I started looking through them and "dimension"looks like it has a measuring wheel ,it was the second one that popped up .I am sure some of the thousands of others can work as well .

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Twd8ctpHNbQ

This may be a good app.
                        http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

Working...
                        X