Apt. Snow Plow Bid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apt. Snow Plow Bid

I am fairly new to snow plowing. I live in southside Virginia so we do not get a great deal of snow but I have had the owner of two low income apt complexes call wanting me to work up a contract for them.

Site 1:
    1,000 Ft of sidewalk
    40 car lot (they only want the drive cleared, not parking spots)

Site 2:
    2,200 ft of sidwalks
    44 car lot (they only want the drive cleared, not parking spots)

The two complexes are only two blocks from each other.
    I have a 35 hp kubota tractor with front end loader and grader.
    If I get the two contracts, I will purchase a snow blower.

I already have a parking lot here in town with no sidewalks that I charge $65 per hour.

I would figure out the sq ft of the lots first. Then we can find a production rate. You can multiply that by your hourly. Or just give them a per hour bid till your comfortable with bidding.

Rates vary from region to region, so its hard for other people to give you a figure. For example I pay subs $50-$75 a hour and half dont even show up. I talked to people in Michigan who charge $70 and people in New Jersey who charge $150.

Comment

SITE 1:
      http://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/iRnQLxjEB8

SITE 2:
      http://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/dwCJSYH2IF

Comment

not sure about the walks but the plowing will take less then a 1/2 hour for each of them.

Comment

What do the rest of you think about the sidewalks? I am going to buy a snow blower if I get this job.

Comment

Clay,

Do you have an idea of the sq ft of the parking lot area and the amount of feet of sidewalk you will need to clear with your snow blower or by shoveling?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Clay,

Do you have an idea of the sq ft of the parking lot area and the amount of feet of sidewalk you will need to clear with your snow blower or by shoveling?
              If you look at my original post, it states how many feet of sidewalk.

Comment

WHoops sorry about that.

Can anyone currently using a snow blower jump in here and let us know how many feet of snow their snow blower can clear per minute? or hour?
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
                X